Posted to users@sling.apache.org by Christian Schneider <ch...@die-schneider.net> on 2018/01/16 17:22:41 UTC

Problem with pax exam test using repository

I am trying the test some code that works on the sling repository.

I have problems getting the pax exam test working. I get the exception
below:

java.lang.AbstractMethodError:
org.apache.jackrabbit.core.XASessionImpl.getItemOrNull(Ljava/lang/String;)Ljavax/jcr/Item;
at org.apache.sling.jcr.resource.internal.helper.jcr.JcrItemResourceFactory.getItemOrNull(JcrItemResourceFactory.java:184)

Full exception:
https://gist.github.com/cschneider/d01d087244dc0650b3751e99a70b6a72

This might be some incompatibility between the jackrabbit core bundle and
the sling bundles.
I use:
oak 1.7.6
jackrabbit 2.15.4

mavenBundle("org.apache.sling", "org.apache.sling.jcr.resource", "2.9.2"),

mavenBundle("org.apache.sling", "org.apache.sling.resourceresolver",
"1.5.22"),

mavenBundle("org.apache.sling", "org.apache.sling.serviceusermapper",
"1.2.4"),

Any idea what is wrong with my setup and which versions I should combine to
avoid this issue?

Christian

Christian Schneider
http://www.liquid-reality.de

Computer Scientist
http://www.adobe.com

Re: Problem with pax exam test using repository

Posted by Oliver Lietz <ap...@oliverlietz.de>.
On Wednesday 17 January 2018 11:47:17 Christian Schneider wrote:
> I found the solution to my problem with AbstractMethodError:
> org.apache.jackrabbit.core.XASessionImpl.getItemOrNull
>
> The problem was that I loaded org.apache.sling.jcr.jackrabbit.server whioch
> bundles parts of jackrabbit core .. so this way XASessionImpl was used
> instead of the correct org.apache.jackrabbit.oak.jcr.session.SessionImpl
> Not sure why I had that bundle at all but removing it solved the issue.

Therefore we have (Pax Exam) Options:

slingQuickstartOakTar(string, int)[1]

You will have every bundle and configuration in situ for running Sling with
Oak Tar repository.

Regards,
O.

[1] https://github.com/apache/sling-org-apache-sling-testing-paxexam/blob/master/src/main/java/org/apache/sling/testing/paxexam/SlingOptions.java#L940

> Christian

[...]

Re: Problem with pax exam test using repository

Posted by Christian Schneider <ch...@die-schneider.net>.

Posted by Oliver Lietz <ap...@oliverlietz.de>.

[2] https://github.com/apache/sling-org-apache-sling-testing-paxexam/blob/master/src/main/java/org/apache/sling/testing/paxexam/SlingVersionResolver.java