Posted to dev@mynewt.apache.org by Szymon Janc <ja...@apache.org> on 2018/06/06 19:45:43 UTC

[DISCUSS] Release Apache Mynewt 1.4.0-rc1 and Apache NimBLE 1.0.0-rc1

Hi all,

This thread is for any and all discussion regarding the release of
Apache Mynewt 1.4.0 and Apache NimBLE 1.0.0.  All feedback is welcome.

--
pozdrawiam
Szymon Janc

Re: [DISCUSS] Release Apache Mynewt 1.4.0-rc1 and Apache NimBLE 1.0.0-rc1

Posted by Szymon Janc <sz...@codecoup.pl>.
Hi,

On Friday, 8 June 2018 11:02:46 CEST marko kiiskila wrote:
> SHA files in the release directory should identify the type of checksum
> calculated, i.e. should end with .sha512, not with .sha.
>
> Otherwise, checksums and signatures verify ok.
>
> > On Jun 8, 2018, at 11:44 AM, Szymon Janc <sz...@codecoup.pl> wrote:
> >
> > Hi Jacob,
> >
> > On Thursday, 7 June 2018 18:09:44 CEST Jacob Rosenthal wrote:
> >> Just scanning through PRs for a few more notables:
> >> TLC5971 ADP5061, ms5840, lis2dw12, sx1272, BMA2XX, debounce
> >> blinker, easing, button

> > Thanks for updating Release Notes.

Ah, right. I forgot to update my mynewt-archive scripts.
Will fix that before moving to release (or RC2 if needed).

Posted by marko kiiskila <ma...@runtime.io>.

Posted by Szymon Janc <sz...@codecoup.pl>.
Hi Jacob,

Posted by Jacob Rosenthal <ja...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Jacob Rosenthal <ja...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Szymon Janc <sz...@codecoup.pl>.
Hi Andrzej,

On Friday, 8 June 2018 11:14:14 CEST Andrzej Kaczmarek wrote:
> Hi,
>
> There is regression in 1.4.0-rc1 which affects BLE controller on nRF51
> as it is not possible to establish connection when acting as a master
> (peripheral role and ongoing connections are NOT affected). This is
> most likely broken since extended advertising data fragmentation was
> merged some time ago which changed flow in TX code and, to make a long
> story short, nRF51 is not fast enough to prepare CONNECT_IND packet
> within required time after it received connectable advertising.
> Possible workaround for this is to disable encryption and privacy
> features in controller, though it may not be always feasible.
>
> I made few optimizations which make things work again:
> https://github.com/apache/mynewt-core/pull/1170
> https://github.com/apache/mynewt-nimble/pull/128
>
> However, I think we should test then a bit more in master first so I
> would recommend to list above issue as a known issue in RN and then
> make bugfix release (1.4.1 for core and 1.0.1 for NimBLE) soon with
> fixes included if they turn out to work fine.

OK. I'm fine with shipping this as is and do point release (1.4.1 and 1.0.1)
in couple weeks. Lets see what other voters think about this.

Posted by Andrzej Kaczmarek <an...@codecoup.pl>.
Hi,

[...]

Best,
Andrzej