Posted to users@maven.apache.org by maarten roosendaal <mr...@yahoo.com> on 2007/05/11 15:18:48 UTC

Maven 2 plugin calling executable

Hi,

I've create a plugin which calls an executable and is packaged within the plugin. However the code does not seem to be able to find the .exe even when it is in the same package (error=2).

When i place the exe in c: it does seem to be able to find it using "cmd c/ start c:/test.exe" but i want to be able to call an exe contained in the plugin so Maven can use the ouput.

Any suggestions or examples?

Thanks,
Maarten

Posted by Napoleon Esmundo Ramirez <nr...@gmail.com>.
The executable is bundled within the plugin, that's why it cannot be
accessed simply as any file in the file system.  You'll have to extract it
to a temporary location first, then execute it.