Posted to dev@directory.apache.org by Alex Karasulu <ao...@bellsouth.net> on 2006/01/17 05:27:24 UTC

[ApacheDS] [ASN.1] Looks like referrals are not being transformed

Emmanuel,

I was finishing up referral support in the LDAP protocol provider when I
noticed that referrals are not being encoded.  I think it may be Twix
but don't quote me on that.  I'll take a look into it and try to figure
it out.  If you don't hear from me and you get a second please ping me
on IRC: I have a couple questions.  I'll report my progress here in a
little bit. (Hopefully before you wake up.)

BTW I was looking at the transformer which converts Twix objects to and
from our intermediate form.  Looks like you referred to these as the old
Snickers objects.  I just wanted to let you know that they're an
intermediate representations and that we threw out the Snickers based
stuff.  Nothing from snickers really remains at this point.  These
intermediate forms are just regular beans representing the request
response model for LDAP.  Even Snacc transformed its internal
representations to these beans.

I think this problem may be in the transformer.  I have the feeling that
besides needlessly wasting extra cycles this transformation step causes
bugs. Will be good to get off of it.

Thanks,
-Alex