Posted to batik-dev@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Robert D <r_...@hotmail.com> on 2002/08/01 22:22:34 UTC

Where is "gc" declared in SVGGraphics2D?...possible bug?

Hello Batik team,

If you look at the Source code for SVGGraphics and look on line 268 you will
see this piece of code:

268  this.gc = new GraphicContext(new AffineTransform());

My question is......I do not see "gc" declared in SVGGraphics2D!! Maybe I am
missing something really basic....could someone look into this.....and see
if I have spotted something :-|

We all learn by sharing what we know
Robert A. DiBlasi
http://www.svgnotebook.com

Where is "gc" declared in SVGGraphics2D?...possible bug?

Posted by Thomas E Deweese <th...@kodak.com>.

RD> Hello Batik team, If you look at the Source code for SVGGraphics
RD> and look on line 268 you will see this piece of code:

RD> 268 this.gc = new GraphicContext(new AffineTransform());

RD> My question is......I do not see "gc" declared in SVGGraphics2D!!
RD> Maybe I am missing something really basic....could someone look
RD> into this.....and see if I have spotted something :-|

    Yes it is rather _base_ic, Check the base class:

org.apache.batik.ext.awt.g2d.AbstractGraphics2D:45

    /**
     * Current state of the Graphic Context. The GraphicsContext
     * class manages the state of this <tt>Graphics2D</tt> graphic context
     * attributes.
     */
    protected GraphicContext gc;