Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by "Angelov, Rossen" <Ro...@thomsonmedia.com> on 2003/05/30 19:01:26 UTC

Is this normal for Tomcat?

Hi,

I'm using Tomcat 4.1.12 running on Solaris 5.7

Issue #1:
There are two different contexts with different paths and different docBase.
Two different servlets using two different log files (log4j). I was browsing
the pages from the same browser window (IE 5.5) switching between both
contexts when I noticed both servlets are writing to the same log file.
Theoretically it's not supposed to happen because they use different
configuration files and I haven't changed them for days. These servlets are
completely independent from each other.

Issue #2:
Sometimes when multiple users access pages happen to share the same http

How is all this possible?

Ross