Posted to jcs-users@jakarta.apache.org by Aaron Smuts <aa...@wisc.edu> on 2004/04/02 07:54:57 UTC

JCS contributions

JCS could use more contributors.  I'm clearly a bit overextended and
haven't had much time to work on the project recently.  This should
change soon.  I apologize for any inconveniences this is causing.

The nice thing about JCS is that is it completely plugable.  If you have
a new memory cache implementation or a new disk storage system, all you
have to do is implement the interfaces and configure the cache to use
it.  Send it over and we'll put it in the code base.

If you think the basic interfaces need altering, then you must have some
radical idea for improvements.  Let's here them.

I'd love to see some new plugins and more requests to become committers.
A substantial piece of work, good ideas, and respect for and knowledge
of the project is all it takes.

Aaron