Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by Andrew Melnyk <me...@gmail.com> on 2008/08/12 11:28:57 UTC

How do you prefer to monitor the hardware while running Jmeter tests?

Obvious fact that the big lack of Jmeter is the absence of any build in
hardawre monitoring monitors.
I'm interested in the best practices about monitoring hardware while Jmeter
tests are beeing executed.
At the moment my tool for this purpose is perfmon, i can't say that i'm
happy with it but it's what it's.
What about you ?

Regards,
Andrey

Re: How do you prefer to monitor the hardware while running Jmeter tests?

Posted by Quasar <qu...@libero.it>.
Hi,

Monitoring tools usually depends on the target environment you have
(WebSphere, WebLogic, Tomcat, etc). Usually each J2EE server has its own
monitoring tools (e.g.: TPV for WebSphere). If you want a generic
monitorin tools for the Linux/Aix platform you can use nmon and nmon
analyzer (http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/aix/library/au-analyze_aix/)
and
(http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/aix/library/au-nmon_analyser/index.html).

Hope this helps,

Quasar

Posted by Bhagwan Sahai <bh...@ThePSI.com>.
Hi Melnyk,

How can I integrate perfmon with jmeter.Please lame know. It would be great
for me.

Warm Regards,

Bhagwan Sahai |Sr.QA.Engineer, Group of BPM Consulting| Pratham Software
(ISO 9001-2000)

S-23, Krishna Marg, Shyam Nagar, Jaipur - 302019 [India]

(T) +91 141 4060617 (F) +91 141 229 2599 (M) +91-9828395729  (W)
www.thePSI.com

solely for the use of the addressee(s). If you have received this message in
error, please notify the sender by reply email and delete the material from
your computer. You should not copy or use this e-mail or attachments for any
other purpose nor disclose their contents to any other person. Any views or
opinions presented are solely those of the author and do not necessarily
represent those of PSI.