Posted to users@kafka.apache.org by Kiran Singh <ki...@gmail.com> on 2015/10/19 13:43:41 UTC

How Kafka work internally?

Hi

I am using producer API to send data to a topic. For this I am using
"metadata.broker.list" to specify my
broker list and i am able to send data successfully.

But i am looking for how Kafka server handle a producer API means
1. which broker act as a coordinator for the send request. As we know only
partition leader has the permission to write message into a partition.

But if i have topic with partition 3 and in my "metadata.broker.list" i am
pass only one broker details, even
then i am able to send my message.

2. Every send request will hit one broker in the list or Kafka use some
kind of load balancing to handle
send request.

Thanks
Kiran Singh