Posted to user@struts.apache.org by StrutsUser <aj...@changepond.com> on 2008/06/13 08:20:09 UTC

Struts2 and Tables

Hi,
I am new to struts and am stuck with a problem. Could anyone please help me
with this.

I need to create a table which should get values from DB and display them. I
should also be able to add/delete rows to/from the table. Some of the
columns of the table should be rendered as combo boxes.
Is this possible using Struts2 and can I make it generic because this sort
of table is required by me in many places. If I pass some parameters to the
generic table (like column count, column name etc.) a table
should be generated. I also need to perform some validations on the data
entered in the table.

For now I am using JavaScript to create such a table. It works but it is
unweildy to maintain. The code has bloated and add ons like validations are
difficult to do. So I am looking for a solution using struts itself.

Any ideas or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks