Posted to user@storm.apache.org by Stephen Powis <sp...@salesforce.com> on 2016/03/02 19:49:04 UTC

New Concurrent modification exception's after storm 0.10.0

Hey!

Did anything change between storm 0.9.5 and 0.10.0 regarding
ConcurrentModificationExceptions and how they are detected?  We've had a
topology running for the last 6months or so and never saw this exception.

After upgrading to Storm 0.10.x which didn't require any changes to our
topology/bolt/business logic, we're now seeing these intermittently and
have been struggling to see where we've gone wrong -- We don't seem to be
modifying values in the emitted tuples anywhere after emitting.

Thanks!
Stephen

Re: New Concurrent modification exception's after storm 0.10.0

Posted by Stephen Powis <sp...@salesforce.com>.
So after spending another hour staring at the code, I've realized that we
are indeed emitting instances of a List object that is re-used elsewhere in
the bolt.... (doh!)  I'm guessing something did change in the framework
between 0.9.x and 0.10.x, but its definitely caught me doing something
stupid :)

Thanks!

Posted by "P. Taylor Goetz" <pt...@gmail.com>.
Hi Stephen,