Posted to users@tiles.apache.org by a3g <ga...@gmail.com> on 2010/02/22 01:46:41 UTC

Re: To use Velocity together with Tiles

I am trying to integrate spring, tiles and velocity and end up at a tutorial
which Antonio mentioned in his reply. Did you get it work? Where/How should
we register VelocityAttributeRenderer ?

Posted by Antonio Petrelli <an...@gmail.com>.
2010/2/22 a3g <ga...@gmail.com>:

> Thanks for reply and notification. What exactly you mean to say - "use the
> main documentation"?

This:
http://tiles.apache.org/framework/tutorial/integration/velocity.html

Antonio

Re: To use Velocity together with Tiles

Posted by a3g <ga...@gmail.com>.
Thanks for reply and notification. What exactly you mean to say - "use the
main documentation"? Is there by any chance you can send/notify me your fix
to TILES-496 as soon as it is fixed. I want to do some work on it (like
modify spring classes to make velocity working) but do not have time ATM.
:-( so would like to see if I can use project after TILES-496 fix.

Thanks

Posted by Antonio Petrelli <an...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Antonio Petrelli <an...@gmail.com>.
2010/2/22 a3g <ga...@gmail.com>:

> Thanks Antonio,
>
> I will get in touch with spring guys. One more question - I found you on the
> project team of http://tiles.apache.org/framework/tiles-velocity/ project.
> Is it possible for you explain me how to use this project. I downloaded the
> SVN repository but not able to understand how to get following classes in
> bold in spring config which is provided at above URL.

Whoops! it seems that some old site code is still there!
You know, the Velocity plugin was a donation from a contributor, and
the links still point to the original contributor's site :-O

Posted by a3g <ga...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Antonio,

I will get in touch with spring guys. One more question - I found you on the
project team of http://tiles.apache.org/framework/tiles-velocity/ project.
Is it possible for you explain me how to use this project. I downloaded the
SVN repository but not able to understand how to get following classes in
bold in spring config which is provided at above URL.

<bean id="tilesConfigurer"
class="com.anydoby.tiles2.spring.TilesConfigurer">
                <property name="definitions">
                        <list>

<value>/WEB-INF/config/tiles-defs.xml</value>
                                ... place here any number of tiles
definition files...
                        </list>
                </property>
        </bean>
        <bean id="viewResolver"

class="org.springframework.web.servlet.view.velocity.VelocityViewResolver">
                <property name="cache" value="true" />
                <property name="prefix" value="" />
                <property name="exposeSpringMacroHelpers" value="true" />
                <property name="order" value="1"></property>
                <property name="contentType" value="text/html;
charset=utf-8"></property>
                <property name="toolboxConfigLocation"
value="WEB-INF/config/velocity-toolbox.xml" />
                <property name="suffix" value=".tile" />
                <property name="viewClass"
value="com.anydoby.tiles2.spring.VelocityTiles2View" />
        </bean>

I have been given to setup a stack and not able to get this working. I would
highly appreciate your help.

Thanks

Posted by Antonio Petrelli <an...@gmail.com>.

Posted by a3g <ga...@gmail.com>.