Posted to fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Jon Steeves <Jo...@pmc-sierra.com> on 2003/02/05 00:06:46 UTC

special characters

Hello:

	I want the PDF we generate to be able to print special characters such as: ? ? ?.  Right now these are rendered as: P S O.
Do I have to add a font to FOP or is there a simpler method to do this?

Cheers

Jon Steeves
jon_steeves@pmc-sierra.com

RE: special characters

Posted by Roland Neilands <rn...@pulsemining.com.au>.
Jon,

You seem to have the same problem with emailing your characters to the list
as in your PDF.

As well as this:
http://xml.apache.org/fop/faq.html#faq-N10402

the other problem might be not using the correct file encoding declaration
eg.

in your XML/XSL to match the actual file encodings(file editor, Save As -
Type).

Regards,
Roland