Posted to dev@harmony.apache.org by Alexei Fedotov <al...@gmail.com> on 2009/11/06 09:01:52 UTC

Re: VM tests: where are assertions?

Alexei,

AFAIR, I created a simple script which inserted assertion marks in
some version of Sun's JVM spec. The mark file looked as follows

<number of significant words from the beginning> ...
<number of significant words in between> _instr23a045
<number of significant words in between> _instr23a046 ...

Since file itself does not relate to the spec, it is quite possible to
publish the file (I'm not a lawyer). I believe Oleg Oleinik and Dima
Khukhro from Intel may know where to find it.

On Thu, Sep 10, 2009 at 11:06 AM, Pavel Pervov <pm...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I recall, I've seen that document a couple of times while working at
> Intel, but it was based on the VM specification and being a derivative
> work of Sun Microsystems' copyrighted materials and thus having
> incompatible license has never been posted to Harmony.
> And I'm afraid it will never be.
>
> WBR, Pavel.
>
> P.S. If you happen by any chance to be an Intel employee you can try
> to reach those Harmony contributors who claims they are from Intel and
> ask them if they have that document at their disposal. Be advised
> though you are only allowed to use it internally and not publish it
> without permission from Intel and original copyright owner.
>
> 2009/9/9, Alexei Kaigorodov <al...@googlemail.com>:
>> I am looking at
>>
>> C:\Harmony\enhanced\buildtest\trunk\tests\vts\vm\src\test\vm\jvms\instructions\arithm\dadd\dadd01\dadd0101\dadd0101.xml:

>>  <Author value="Alexander D. Shipilov"/>
>>  <Description>
>>    Tests bitwise double notion for dadd instruction.
>>    dadd two double values and compare bitwise result with bitwise long.
>>    Two input double values constructed from two long values.
>>    The last 6 bits masks according to IEEE 754 standard.
>>
>>    Covered assertions assert_instr23a043 assert_instr23a045
>> assert_instr23a046 assert_instr23a056
>>  </Description>
>>
>> Where are those covered assertions like assert_instr23a043
>> assert_instr23a045 etc?
>> I guess they are taken from VM spec, but the spec itself does not
>> contain those identifiers.
>>
>> thanks
>> Alexei

Alexei Fedotov / Алексей Федотов,