Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by J Thomas Hancock <jt...@bwsys.net> on 2004/10/12 00:01:44 UTC

Configuration Problem

I am currently using a postfix/spamassassin mail gateway.  I have
spamassassin getting individual required_hits from a MySQL data base.  I
would like to be able to add to the header X-Spam-Deleteable YES of the
socre is above 15 other wise add X-Spam-Deleteable NO.  The score is 10 or
higher I would like to rewrite the subject line with the score.  I can then
use postfix to reject any email with X-Spam-Deleteable YES.

What is the easiest/best way to accomplish this?  Would I need to add a
record to each username in the userpref tables something like
required_hits_to_delete?  Once defined I could then do  something like:

if ( spamscore > required_hits_to_delete)

            add_header all Deleteable YES

endif

Any input would be helpful,

Tom

Re: Configuration Problem

Posted by "Michele Neylon : Blacknight Solutions" <mi...@blacknightsolutions.com>.
On Mon, 2004-10-11 at 18:07 -0400, Theo Van Dinter wrote:
> On Mon, Oct 11, 2004 at 05:01:44PM -0500, J Thomas Hancock wrote:
> > What is the easiest/best way to accomplish this?  Would I need to add a
> > record to each username in the userpref tables something like
> > required_hits_to_delete?  Once defined I could then do  something like:
>
> There is no way to do what you've written in SpamAssassin currently.
> You'd need to have something outside SpamAssassin check the score and
> do the appropriate rewriting.
>
> (in future SA versions, you could probably do this with a plugin.)

If you used MailScanner you could achieve this without any headaches at
all :)

--
Mr Michele Neylon
Blacknight Solutions

--
Email scanned by Blacknight for viruses and dangerous content.
Visit http://www.blacknight.ie for more information

Re: Configuration Problem

Posted by Theo Van Dinter <fe...@kluge.net>.
On Mon, Oct 11, 2004 at 05:01:44PM -0500, J Thomas Hancock wrote:
> What is the easiest/best way to accomplish this?  Would I need to add a
> record to each username in the userpref tables something like
> required_hits_to_delete?  Once defined I could then do  something like:

There is no way to do what you've written in SpamAssassin currently.
You'd need to have something outside SpamAssassin check the score and
do the appropriate rewriting.

(in future SA versions, you could probably do this with a plugin.)

--
Randomly Generated Tagline:
"Only stupid people think they should throw away old proven concepts. ...