Posted to dev@dubbo.apache.org by Ian Luo <ia...@gmail.com> on 2018/06/13 03:09:03 UTC

Re: Supportted java version

Hi All,

Since java7 has been announced EOL long time before [1], I think we should
switch to Java 8. Once it's done, we can start to use FP, streaming API,
default interface and many other new features introduced since Java 8, and
make the code cleaner and faster.

But considering Dubbo is widely deployed, and some users may have not
switched to Java 8 yet, we should keep Java 7 support on branch 2.6.x, but
we should definitely switch the development activities on master branch and
fix severe bug only on branch 2.6.x.

What do you think?

Thanks,
-Ian.

1. https://www.infoq.com/news/2015/05/Oracle-Ends-Java-7Public-Updates

Re: Supportted java version

Posted by Xin Wang <xi...@gmail.com>.
+1 to support java8 in a new deploy branch: 2.7.x

We can use the new features of JDK, such as :lambda expression, functional
programming

Yong Zhu <di...@gmail.com> 于2018年6月13日周三 上午11:36写道:

Re: Supportted java version

Posted by Yong Zhu <di...@gmail.com>.
+1

Re: Supportted java version

Posted by 修宇航 <ca...@gmail.com>.
+1
1.8 is the latest adjective version of jdk. It makes sth easy in dubbo.

> strong +1 for switch to java8
>
> After we switch to java8, it will be a great stuff if we can apply new
> language feature to dubbo project.
>
> On 2018/06/13 03:09:03, Ian Luo <ia...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Hi All,
> >
> > Since java7 has been announced EOL long time before [1], I think we
> should
> > switch to Java 8. Once it's done, we can start to use FP, streaming API,
> > default interface and many other new features introduced since Java 8,
> and
> > make the code cleaner and faster.
> >
> > But considering Dubbo is widely deployed, and some users may have not
> > switched to Java 8 yet, we should keep Java 7 support on branch 2.6.x,
> but
> > we should definitely switch the development activities on master branch
> and
> > fix severe bug only on branch 2.6.x.
> >
> > What do you think?
> >
> > Thanks,
> > -Ian.
> >
> > 1. https://www.infoq.com/news/2015/05/Oracle-Ends-Java-7Public-Updates
> >
> > On Wed, Mar 28, 2018 at 9:34 AM htynkn <ht...@163.com> wrote:
> >
> > > hey team,
> > >

> > > What's the supportted java version for dubbo now?
> > >

> > > In travis file, I can see it's using java7 and java8. do we have
> offical
> > > support java9 or even java10?
> > >

> > > Regards,
> > > Yunkun