Posted to dev@subversion.apache.org by Kevin Williams <ke...@hotmail.com> on 2004/01/15 15:59:50 UTC

minor corrections

I don't like being the correction police, but I hope these notes might help
everyone.

The 'svn_cl__check_cancel' function in the command line code 'main.c' file
takes an argument that isn't used.

Also, the Windows installer isn't using the correct path for the icons. The
svn.exe file containing the desired icon seems to have moved to
<install_dir>\bin\svn.exe. On my machine I use the default install folder
%ProgramFiles%\Subversion. My desktop shortcut for the documentation thinks
the svn.exe file is in the root of the install directory.

Re: minor corrections

Posted by Garrett Rooney <ro...@electricjellyfish.net>.
Kevin Williams wrote:
> I don't like being the correction police, but I hope these notes might
> help everyone.
>
> The 'svn_cl__check_cancel' function in the command line code 'main.c'
> file takes an argument that isn't used.

That is by design.

The cancelation function takes a pointer to data that the application
passes in, it just happens that the command line client doesn't use it.

The idea is that if your cancellation callback requires access to some
sort of data to determine if it should cancel out of whatever is going
on you would set the cancel_baton member of you svn_client_ctx_t to that
data, and it will be passed in to the cancellation function when it's
called.

-garrett