Posted to users@maven.apache.org by CM...@amnesty.org on 2003/10/21 16:07:47 UTC

javancss report query/problem

Hi All,
        Have been using maven for the last month and have found it
immensely useful, especially on the reports side that I had been doing
manually using ant. The last report I have to get running is javancss, but
I have hit a wall for the last day. I am using the maven javancss plugin
from sourceforge
(http://maven-plugins.sourceforge.net/maven-javancss-plugin/index.html).
        Everything runs fine until I attempt to do the xml-html transform
(i.e. see jelly script, do-html goal). When this is called, I get the
following error:

javancss:do-html:
    [java]
    [java] (Location of error unknown)XSLT Error
(javax.xml.transform.Transforme
rConfigurationException): javax.xml.transform.TransformerException:
java.net.Mal
formedURLException: unknown protocol: c
    [java] [ERROR] Java Result: -1

Has anyone else encountered this error? I have tried the mailing list (and
google) but have found no meaningful discussion on this, hence my email
here. Just to confirm, I can generate the javancss raw report in xml
format, jus the xml-html transform does not work with the above error. Can
also confirm I have the necessary javancss dependencies
(xalan-2.4.1/xerces-2.2.1/xml-apis-1.0.b2).

Any pointers appreciated.

Best regards,
Conor MacMahon

maven convert-snapshots

Posted by Nicolas De Loof <ni...@cgey.com>.
Hi all,

I'm using maven 1.0-RC1 on windows. I'm trying to use maven convert-snapshots goal.

On my remote repository, I've got SNAPSHOT jars with timestamped version and
${artifact}-snapshot-version text file, with correct timestamp inside it.

when I use "maven convert-snapshots", maven ask for dependency updates but here is what I get :

convert-snapshots:
<dependency>
      <groupId>cgey-commons</groupId>
      <artifactId>cgey-commons-configuration</artifactId>
      <version>SNAPSHOT</version>
      <type>jar</type>
      <properties>
        <war.bundle>true</war.bundle>
      </properties>
    </dependency>    [echo]
<dependency>
      <groupId>cgey-commons</groupId>
      <artifactId>cgey-commons-configuration</artifactId>
      <version>SNAPSHOT</version>
      <type>jar</type>
      <properties>
        <war.bundle>true</war.bundle>
      </properties>
    </dependency>    [echo]
Do you want to update this dependency? [yes]

As you can see, maven did not update jar version with it's timestamp.

What to do ?

Nico.

Re: javancss report query/problem

Posted by CM...@amnesty.org.
Dear Siegfried/Kai,
                        Many thanks for your answers, you both were right!
I have now prefixed my path to the xsl file with 'file:' and yes, it
works! Thanks again for the fast answer.
Best regards,
Conor

p.s. Will keep an eye out for this error in future, really did think the c
reference was not a file path system error but something more serious.

"Siegfried Göschl" <si...@it20one.at>
21/10/2003 15:52
Please respond to
"Maven Users List" <us...@maven.apache.org>

"Maven Users List" <us...@maven.apache.org>
cc

Subject
Re: javancss report query/problem

Hi Conor,

I hope I can qualify as any pointer ... :-)

This issue pops up under Windows and JDK 1.4 - XALAN tries to
interpret the XSL file name as URL and blows up at " c:\???\maven-
javancss-plugin-1.2/plugin-resources/javancss2html.xslt". It parses
the file name, sees the colon and decides that "c" is a fancy
protocol not supported by XALAN and throws the exception.

Can you try to prefix the XSL file parameter with "file:", i.e.
<arg value="file:${plugin.dir}/plugin-resources/javancss2html.xsl"/>
to try if this solves the problem?! And give me some feedback?!

Thanks in advance

Siegfried Goeschl

Posted by Siegfried Göschl <si...@it20one.at>.
Hi Conor,