Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Denis Golubev <go...@ukr.net> on 2005/09/11 10:39:02 UTC

Setting up svnserve

Hello, All.

I'm a newbie in subversion administration, so my questions can be stupid.

I'm going to setup subversion repository on linux server with access via
svnserve.

My repository is placed in /var/svnrepos
In svn docs mentioned that if I launch svnserve with -r option than I
can simply access to repository via host name. But it doesn't:

I launch
#svnserve -d -r /var/svnrepos

And if I try to do something with repository from client, I obtain
following problems:

$svn co svn://host/
A  host/var
A  host/var/svnrepos
A  host/var/svnrepos/file1.txt
Checked out revision 1.

So as you can see any user will know my server paths to repository which
is not correct.

How can I setup repository to obtain following behaviour:

svn co svn://host/
or
svn co svn://host/repository_alias/

will checkout only file1.txt (without full server path) ?

Re: Setting up svnserve

Posted by Ben Collins-Sussman <su...@collab.net>.
On Sep 11, 2005, at 5:39 AM, Denis Golubev wrote:

> So as you can see any user will know my server paths to repository
> which is not correct.

Did you actually *try* the scenario you described?  The problem
doesn't exist:

$ ls /usr/local/svn
testrepos
benrepos