Posted to mapreduce-user@hadoop.apache.org by Rahul Bhattacharjee <ra...@gmail.com> on 2013/05/05 18:46:44 UTC

Re: M/R job optimization

I do not think the hint of skewed reducer is the problem here as Han
mentioned that he has to wait for 5 minutes after the job shows progress as
100% map and 100% reduce. There may be something to do with the output
committer , FileOutputCommitter needs to be looked at as what its doing for
5 min. Why so much time taken for committing a job.

Thanks,
Rahul