Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Neil Blue <ne...@blue2001.freeserve.co.uk> on 2003/04/04 23:56:17 UTC

cvs build error

Hello,

In an attempt to learn more about what maven is and how to use it, I am
trying to build the latest version.
I have got the source from cvs but I get the following error when I run
the bootstrap process.

      [exec] ${env.MAVEN_HOME}/bin/maven: line 1: cd:
${env.MAVEN_HOME}/bin/..: No such file or directory
      [exec] Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError:
com/werken/forehead/Forehead

Please could anyone tell me what I may be doing wrong?

Cheers
Neil

Re: cvs build error

Posted by Ben Walding <de...@walding.com>.
Maven will expect that it is set all the time anyway, so best to just
drop it wherever it will get loaded for every shell.

Cheers,

Ben

Re: cvs build error

Posted by Neil Blue <ne...@blue2001.freeserve.co.uk>.

Ben Walding wrote:

> Looks to me like MAVEN_HOME variable isn't set
>
> See http://maven.apache.org/start/bootstrap.html
>
> Neil Blue wrote:
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> In an attempt to learn more about what maven is and how to use it, I
>> am trying to build the latest version.
>> I have got the source from cvs but I get the following error when I
>> run the bootstrap process.
>>
>>      [exec] ${env.MAVEN_HOME}/bin/maven: line 1: cd:
>> ${env.MAVEN_HOME}/bin/..: No such file or directory
>>      [exec] Exception in thread "main"
>> java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: com/werken/forehead/Forehead
>>
>> Please could anyone tell me what I may be doing wrong?
>>
>> Cheers
>> Neil

I am taking part in Flora London Marathon 2003
on behalf of Breakthrough Breast Cancer
Please click on a link below to support me!

http://www.bmycharity.com/breakthrough/event.asp?eventid=BE3CD43A-0243-44BB-A564-40A0B38C075C
or
http://www.geocities.com/neilblue/index.html
or