Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Ian Holsman <ia...@cnet.com> on 2001/12/01 02:28:39 UTC

vhost hooks

Just got a quick question and no easy answer

over here @cnet we have a groups of a couple (10-50) of hostnames which provide similiar content
but are slightly different (eg.. yahoo.cnet.com & news.cnet.com) and ( http://hotbar.cnet.com/ and
shopper.cnet.com)

now I was thinking that instead of defining all the rewrite rules/group specific things in every
virtual host that we could come up with a

<group a>
   SetEnv ...
	<vhost blah1>
	<vhost blah2>
</group>
<group b>
<vhost blah3>
<vhost blah4>
</group>

now in order to do something like this I'm guessing I would need a 'resolve-vhost' hook
I don't think there is one.
(or should I just do this stuff post-config and expand them all out?)

What do you guys think?

Re: vhost hooks

Posted by Graham Leggett <mi...@sharp.fm>.
Ian Holsman wrote:

> I tried that...
> and for some reason it looked that the setting in the include file were
> done 'server-wide' not just for the vhost.

Then it's a bug...

> I'll see if I can get a simple test case up & running for a demo

Ok...

Regards,
Graham
minfrin@sharp.fm		"There's a moon
					over Bourbon Street
						tonight..."

Re: MaxClients

Posted by Brian Pane <bp...@pacbell.net>.
Jesse.linux wrote:

>i'm must be in the wrong mailing list.....sorry for this...can u suggest a
>mailing list that would be good for me.....

There's a user mailing list that should be helpful; the sign-up details
are at
http://httpd.apache.org/userslist.html

--Brian

Re: MaxClients

Posted by la...@hyperreal.org.
According to Jesse.linux:

--
Lars Eilebrecht
lars@hyperreal.org

Re: MaxClients

Posted by "Jesse.linux" <jd...@inq7.net>.
i'm must be in the wrong mailing list.....sorry for this...can u suggest a
mailing list that would be good for me.....

again sorry for this ..m just a newbie....

thanks by the way...

Posted by "Jesse.linux" <jd...@inq7.net>.

Posted by Bill Stoddard <bi...@wstoddard.com>.
I assume you are using 1.3.

Re: vhost hooks

Re: vhost hooks

Posted by Ian Holsman <ia...@cnet.com>.
On Mon, 2001-12-03 at 09:28, Ian Holsman wrote:
> On Sat, 2001-12-01 at 01:41, Graham Leggett wrote:
> > Rolando Michan wrote:
> >
> > > Can you send and example of that file
> > > Thank you in advance
> >
> > Include allows you to include any file you want, with whatever config
> > you want in it. So for example, if you have a group of vhosts with a bit
> > of common config in it, say like this:
> >
> > <VirtualHost blah>
> >   Setenv frog joe
> >   Setenv rabbit bill
> > </VirtualHost>
> > <VirtualHost foo>
> >   Setenv frog joe
> >   Setenv rabbit bill
> > </VirtualHost>
> >
> > You could create a common file, say called environment.conf with this:
> >
> >  Setenv frog joe
> >  Setenv rabbit bill
> >
> > And then have your normal config like this:
> >
> > <VirtualHost blah>
> >   Include environment.conf
> > </VirtualHost>
> > <VirtualHost foo>
> >   Include environment.conf
> > </VirtualHost>
> >

> I tried that...
> and for some reason it looked that the setting in the include file were
> done 'server-wide' not just for the vhost.
>
> I'll see if I can get a simple test case up & running for a demo

Must be something 12#!@#'ed up with a custom module
sorry for the post

Re: vhost hooks

Posted by Ian Holsman <ia...@cnet.com>.