Posted to user@hbase.apache.org by Karthik Kambatla <kk...@cs.purdue.edu> on 2010/10/21 17:12:38 UTC

Hadoop and HBase Web UIs on EC2

Hi

Thanks all for bailing me out time and again.

I am using the HBase ec2 scripts to launch a cluster of machines on EC2
(hadoop 0.20.2 and hbase 0.20.6). I use my own AMI with hadoop and hbase
downloaded to the paths as specified in the EC2 scripts. Hadoop and HBase
work absolutely fine. However, I am unable to view the web UI at all.

I tunneled into the machine, and changed the foxyproxy settings to access
EC2 pages through the proxy. It doesn't throw an error, but shows a blank
page instead. I can't view page source either in my browser. The security
groups allow access to the ports (as security groups are created by the
scripts with required permissions).

I seem to be missing something very fundamental here. Any pointers?

Thanks
Karthik

Re: Hadoop and HBase Web UIs on EC2

Posted by Karthik Kambatla <ka...@gmail.com>.
Hi Jean

I have tried using both external and internal hostnames. I have also tried
localhost, after setting up the proxy to a particular port. When I login to
the master, and use links I am able to navigate the pages fine.

Thanks
Karthik

Posted by Jean-Daniel Cryans <jd...@apache.org>.