Posted to community@apache.org by Christian Grobmeier <gr...@gmail.com> on 2011/03/16 06:50:12 UTC

Posters / Flyers

Hello,

somebody from the Linux Days in Germany asked me if we have some kind
of brochures. He wanted to show up that there are alternatives to
Oracles Java (Harmony). I told him that we don't have flyers etc to
spread. This leads me to 2 questions:

1) am I correct? :-)
2) would it be cool to have a poster/flyer for download available
which can be printed at such occassions? I don't think so.

Cheers
Christian

Re: Posters / Flyers

Posted by Jeremias Maerki <de...@jeremias-maerki.ch>.
Christian,
there is some stuff in the "PRC" folder in the "foundation" repository.
Nothing on Harmony in particular but, for example, there is a flyer on
the ASF (in English and German). Slightly outdated, since it contains
references to future ApacheCons which are, by now, in the past. But this
stuff can easily be updated. Let me know if that's what you're looking
for and if you need help updating it. There's also a poster there but
it's basically just a word cloud with project names, now outdated.

On 16.03.2011 06:50:12 Christian Grobmeier wrote:
> Hello,
>
> somebody from the Linux Days in Germany asked me if we have some kind
> of brochures. He wanted to show up that there are alternatives to
> Oracles Java (Harmony). I told him that we don't have flyers etc to
> spread. This leads me to 2 questions:
>
> 1) am I correct? :-)
> 2) would it be cool to have a poster/flyer for download available
> which can be printed at such occassions? I don't think so.
>
> Cheers
> Christian

HTH
Jeremias Maerki

Re: Posters / Flyers

Posted by Bertrand Delacretaz <bd...@apache.org>.
Hi Christian,

On Wed, Mar 16, 2011 at 6:50 AM, Christian Grobmeier
<gr...@gmail.com> wrote:
>... somebody from the Linux Days in Germany asked me if we have some kind
> of brochures...

There's some stuff under http://svn.apache.org/repos/private/foundation/PRC

That's accessible for ASF members only, but if you see stuff that's
sufficiently current and worth making public we might move that to the
publicly accessible comdev svn repository - in which case we can move
this discussion to dev@community.apache.org

-Bertrand