Posted to users@kafka.apache.org by Sa Li <sa...@gmail.com> on 2014/12/23 01:41:05 UTC

kafka monitoring system

Hi, all

I am thinking to make a reliable monitoring system for our kafka production
cluster. I read such from documents:

"Kafka uses Yammer Metrics for metrics reporting in both the server and the
client. This can be configured to report stats using pluggable stats
reporters to hook up to your monitoring system.

The easiest way to see the available metrics to fire up jconsole and point
it at a running kafka client or server; this will all browsing all metrics
with JMX.

We pay particular we do graphing and alerting on the following metrics:

......"

I am wondering if anyone ever use Jconsole to monitor the kafka, or anyone
can recommend a good monitoring tool for kafka production.

thanks

--

Alec Li

Re: kafka monitoring system

Posted by chetan conikee <co...@gmail.com>.
Try SemaText : a fully managed monitoring SaaS : http://sematext.com/ ...

Re: kafka monitoring system

Posted by Rajasekar Elango <re...@salesforce.com>.
Hi Sa Li,

You can also try jmxtrans + graphite (for charting). jmxtrans has graphite
output adapter out of the box.

Regards,
Raja.

On Mon, Dec 22, 2014 at 10:39 PM, YuanJia Li <yu...@163.com> wrote:

> Hi Sa Li,
> You can try to use jmxtrans+opentsdb to monitor kafka. Jmxtrans is
> collecting data with JMX and sending to opentsdb. Opentsdb is graphing and
> alerting.
>

> YuanJia Li
>

> From: Sa Li
> Date: 2014-12-23 08:41
> To: users
> Subject: kafka monitoring system
> Hi, all
>
> I am thinking to make a reliable monitoring system for our kafka production
> cluster. I read such from documents:
>
> "Kafka uses Yammer Metrics for metrics reporting in both the server and the
> client. This can be configured to report stats using pluggable stats
> reporters to hook up to your monitoring system.
>
> The easiest way to see the available metrics to fire up jconsole and point
> it at a running kafka client or server; this will all browsing all metrics
> with JMX.
>
> We pay particular we do graphing and alerting on the following metrics:
>
> ......"
>

> I am wondering if anyone ever use Jconsole to monitor the kafka, or anyone
> can recommend a good monitoring tool for kafka production.
>

> thanks
>

> --
>
> Alec Li

Raja.

Re: kafka monitoring system

Posted by YuanJia Li <yu...@163.com>.
Hi Sa Li,

Re: kafka monitoring system

Posted by Otis Gospodnetic <ot...@gmail.com>.
Hi Sa Li,

Have a look at SPM for monitoring Kafka:
http://sematext.com/spm
http://blog.sematext.com/2013/10/16/announcement-spm-performance-monitoring-for-kafka/
https://sematext.atlassian.net/wiki/display/PUBSPM/SPM+FAQ#SPMFAQ-KafkaMonitoring

Otis