Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Rob Hartill <ha...@ooo.lanl.gov> on 1995/03/29 22:29:03 UTC

problem with content negotiation ?

Not sure if this is a bug/feature or what, but here goes

I was trying the multiviews on

http://ooo.lanl.gov/skull

which I though was going to choose from

skull.gif and skull.jpg

but I also had skull.xgif there too (by accident).
Mosaic seemed to force the choice to be skull.xgif, and
tried to display the image as plaintext.
I suspect that the "wrong" content-type was being sent back.

"wrong" in that it wasn't what *I* expected it to be  :-)

If this is the case (I'm guessing), then maybe if the multiview code
doesn't recognise the content type, it should give it a lower
preference value.

Apart from that minor hicup (which might not be), the content negotiation
stuff looks great. Good job Rob.

robh