Posted to common-user@hadoop.apache.org by Zoltán Zvara <zo...@gmail.com> on 2015/04/28 16:01:13 UTC

ApplicationMaster's logs are not available

Hi,

I'm writing my own AM, but YARN collects and shows no logs for its
container whatsoever. My AM runs forever and I would like to debug it, but
without logs I just can't do it. My AM uses org.slf4j.Logger for logging.
Other applications, like MR and Spark logs fine. Is there any option that I
need to set explicitly to enable logging? I've tried to fetch logs with and
without log-aggregation-enable, but without success.

I would appreciate any tips regarding this.

Thanks!

Zoltán Zvara

Re: ApplicationMaster's logs are not available

Posted by Zoltán Zvara <zo...@gmail.com>.
I'm using 2.6.0 pre-packed and downloaded from HTTP repo.

I've also found out that NM will not respond after deploying my AM. It
seems that YARN is still not protected from malicious AMs - though I did
not want to write one, it's just not correct. If I kill my application, new
submission won't reach RUNNING state, though NM appears to be online.

I've attached NM logs related to the AM at hand.

Thanks!
Zoltán Zvara

Posted by Zoltán Zvara <zo...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Zoltán Zvara <zo...@gmail.com>.