Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Sam Butterworth <sb...@divideddestiny.com> on 2000/08/15 19:26:56 UTC

Problem creating mod_jserv.so Red Hat 6.2 + Apache

I installed all of the required components for tomcat and attempted to run
the examples.  Using the version of mod_jserv.so from the tomcat site I get
this error:

HANDLER THREAD PROBLEM: java.io.IOException: Stream broken
java.io.IOException: Stream broken
         at
org.apache.tomcat.service.connector.AJP12RequestAdapter.readNextRequest(Ajp12ConnectionHandler.java:386)
         at
org.apache.tomcat.service.connector.Ajp12ConnectionHandler.processConnection(Ajp12ConnectionHandler.java:134)
         at
org.apache.tomcat.service.TcpConnectionThread.run(SimpleTcpEndpoint.java:338)
         at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:475)

I figured I needed to compline the module for my self so I followed the
user guide and got this error:

gcc -DLINUX=2 -DUSE_HSREGEX -DUSE_EXPAT -I../lib/expat-lite
-DNO_DL_NEEDED  -I/usr/local/apache/include  -c mod_jserv.c
   -o autochange.so mod_jserv.o jserv_wrapper_win.o jserv_wrapper_unix.o
jserv_wrapper.o jserv_watchdog.o jserv_utils.o jserv_status.o
jserv_protocols.o jserv_mmap.o jserv_image.o jserv_balance.o jserv_ajpv12.o
jserv_ajpv11.o autochange.o -o mod_jserv.so
apxs:Break: Command failed with rc=16711680

I am running Red Hat Linux v6.2 Kernel 2.2.14-5.0.
Apache v1.3.12
JRE v1.2.2
JDK v1.3
Tomcat v3.1

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,
Sam

Re: Problem creating mod_jserv.so Red Hat 6.2 + Apache

Posted by Peter Bowyer <pe...@unica.co.uk>.
Sam Butterworth wrote :-

> gcc -DLINUX=2 -DUSE_HSREGEX -DUSE_EXPAT -I../lib/expat-lite
> -DNO_DL_NEEDED  -I/usr/local/apache/include  -c mod_jserv.c
>    -o autochange.so mod_jserv.o jserv_wrapper_win.o jserv_wrapper_unix.o
> jserv_wrapper.o jserv_watchdog.o jserv_utils.o jserv_status.o
> jserv_protocols.o jserv_mmap.o jserv_image.o jserv_balance.o
jserv_ajpv12.o
> jserv_ajpv11.o autochange.o -o mod_jserv.so
> apxs:Break: Command failed with rc=16711680

Your apxs is broken - it mis-handles the -o option. Check out the gcc line
it generated for you - there are 2 '-o' arguments which makes no sense (-o
defines the output file). If you capture that gcc line and remove the '-o
autochange.so' argument, gcc will compile the module OK.

Then you need to do the rest of what apxs was going to do for you - copy the
.so to your apache libexec directory.

I gleaned this info from a day or two's bitter experience, and a trawl of
www.deja.com ......

Hope this gets you further forward - can't help with your IOException,
though.

Peter