Posted to torque-dev@db.apache.org by Graham Leggett <mi...@sharp.fm> on 2003/10/27 19:05:04 UTC

Torque.shutdown() doesn't.

Hi all,

I am having a problem with Torque v3.1 and the Torque.shutdown() method.
  This is run during a WAR container cleanup, and step by step debugging
shows that this method is being called. After the call however, pooled
connections to the database remain open.

This forces us to shut our entire container down to reload a new
database, which is a showstopper for us.

Anyone else had this problem, or is it a known bug?

Regards,
Graham

Re: Torque.shutdown() doesn't.

Posted by Graham Leggett <mi...@sharp.fm>.
Scott Eade wrote:

> Can you please try upgrading to commons-pool-1.1 and commons-dbcp-1.1
> and see if the problem is still there.  I am unsure if this specific
> problem has been addressed so please report back as to whether or not
> this resolves the problem for you.

Tried to upgrade both jars, and the problem remains.

This has been determined to be the cause of some stability problems
we've found, and is quite serious - is it something simple to fix?

Regards,
Graham

Re: Torque.shutdown() doesn't.

Posted by Scott Eade <se...@backstagetech.com.au>.
Graham Leggett wrote:

> I am having a problem with Torque v3.1 and the Torque.shutdown()
> method.  This is run during a WAR container cleanup, and step by step
> debugging shows that this method is being called. After the call
> however, pooled connections to the database remain open.
>
> This forces us to shut our entire container down to reload a new
> database, which is a showstopper for us.
>
> Anyone else had this problem, or is it a known bug?

Can you please try upgrading to commons-pool-1.1 and commons-dbcp-1.1
and see if the problem is still there.  I am unsure if this specific
problem has been addressed so please report back as to whether or not
this resolves the problem for you.

Thanks,

Scott

--