Posted to dev@marmotta.apache.org by Rob Atkinson <ro...@metalinkage.com.au> on 2016/06/06 13:21:52 UTC

Marmotta configuration

I previously successfully set up Marmotta on a remote server, under tomcat7
using postgres.

I went back to it today and it seems to have overwritten its config file -
maybe due to system reboot?

I changed the location and set MARMOTTA-HOME and it is now reading the
properties file -  reverted to h2 initially but when I get the admin
interface runnning again I'll test a postgres connection..

 but when I access marmotta via any GUI  it throws an error to the log
09:08:53.239 ERROR - templating did not work: WELD-000049: Unable to invoke
public void
org.apache.marmotta.platform.core.services.templating.TemplatingServiceImpl.initDataModel()
on
org.apache.marmotta.platform.core.services.templating.TemplatingServiceImpl@62515e6f

and displays a page with no CSS (and effectively non-functional)

Am thinking it may be necessary to wipe the db?  Looking at the code wasnt
easy to see what cofigurations may affect this.

So - three questions:
1) what causes a configuration to be lost (and has it lost the data?)
2) does anything need to be done if you move MARMOTTA HOME
3) why is templating failing and how can it be fixed?

Rob

Re: Marmotta configuration

Posted by Rob Atkinson <ro...@metalinkage.com.au>.
1) behaviour is easy to reproduce - just use postgres and invalid login
credentials - then reload the GUI after it reports the failure the first
time.

2) Is there anything in Marmotta that would cause it to overwrite its
configuration? (tempfs was one possibility I explored I was just flagging
might be an issue - but not in this case as I can tell).

Re: Marmotta configuration

Posted by Sergio Fernández <wi...@apache.org>.

Re: Marmotta configuration

Posted by Rob Atkinson <ro...@metalinkage.com.au>.