Posted to dev@avro.apache.org by Patrick Hunt <ph...@apache.org> on 2009/09/29 08:36:55 UTC

Avro quick start guide/template now available.

I've put together an Avro quick start, it's currently hosted on github:

http://github.com/phunt/avro-rpc-quickstart

this is basically a template/blueprint project that shows how to build &
run an Avro RPC based project using either Ant/Ivy or Maven. As part of
the work to support Maven I've also created a reusable Avro Maven plugin:

http://github.com/phunt/avro-maven-plugin

I'm not a maven expert (actually learning more about maven is one reason
why I started this project), if there are any suggestions with either
the maven aspects, or the project overall, please feel free to let me
know. The code is Apache licensed, if there's sufficient interest I'd be
happy to fold it into the official Avro source base at apache.org at
some point.

Patrick

Re: Avro quick start guide/template now available.

Posted by Patrick Hunt <ph...@apache.org>.
Doug Cutting wrote:
> Patrick Hunt wrote:
>> I've put together an Avro quick start, it's currently hosted on github:
>>
>> http://github.com/phunt/avro-rpc-quickstart
>>
>> this is basically a template/blueprint project that shows how to build
>> & run an Avro RPC based project using either Ant/Ivy or Maven. As part
>> of the work to support Maven I've also created a reusable Avro Maven
>> plugin:
>>
>> http://github.com/phunt/avro-maven-plugin
>
> These sound great, Pat!  Thanks!

Recently I've seen a few questions on the user list about how to get
started. I thought I would just throw it together, turned out a bit more
than I expected. Should be alot simpler now - be sure to let me know if
you have any ideas/suggestions.

> Perhaps you can add pointers to them on the Avro wiki?

Good idea, done.

Posted by Doug Cutting <cu...@apache.org>.
Patrick Hunt wrote:
> I've put together an Avro quick start, it's currently hosted on github:
>
> http://github.com/phunt/avro-rpc-quickstart
>
> this is basically a template/blueprint project that shows how to build &
> run an Avro RPC based project using either Ant/Ivy or Maven. As part of
> the work to support Maven I've also created a reusable Avro Maven plugin:
>
> http://github.com/phunt/avro-maven-plugin

These sound great, Pat!  Thanks!

Perhaps you can add pointers to them on the Avro wiki?

Cheers,

Doug