Posted to user@hbase.apache.org by Huaxiang Sun <hu...@apache.org> on 2021/04/01 18:58:12 UTC

[ANNOUNCE] Apache HBase 2.3.5 is now available for download

The HBase team is happy to announce the immediate availability of HBase

2.3.5.

Apache HBase™ is an open-source, distributed, versioned, non-relational

database.

Apache HBase gives you low latency random access to billions of rows with

millions of columns atop non-specialized hardware. To learn more about

HBase, see https://hbase.apache.org/.

HBase 2.3.5 is the fifth patch release in the HBase 2.3.x line, which aims

to improve the stability and reliability of HBase. This release includes 53
bug

fixes and improvements since 2.3.4.

The full list of issues and release notes can be found here:

CHANGELOG: https://downloads.apache.org/hbase/2.3.5/CHANGES.md

RELEASENOTES: https://downloads.apache.org/hbase/2.3.5/RELEASENOTES.md

or via our issue tracker:

https://issues.apache.org/jira/projects/HBASE/versions/12349549

To download please follow the links and instructions on our website:

    https://hbase.apache.org/downloads.html

Questions, comments, and problems are always welcome at:

dev@hbase.apache.org

user@hbase.apache.org

Thanks to all who contributed and made this release possible.

Cheers,

The HBase Dev Team

Re: [ANNOUNCE] Apache HBase 2.3.5 is now available for download

Posted by Mich Talebzadeh <mi...@gmail.com>.
Great news HBase team, well done.

I have worked with HBase for many years and I think it is a great product.
it does what it says on the tin so to speak.

Ironically if you look around the NoSQL competitors, most of them are
supported by start-ups, whereas HBase is only supported as part of Apache
suite of products by vendors like Cloudera and others. Moreover, Google
Cloud BigTable (proprietary)  now has a seamless API to Apache HBase.

For those who would prefer to use SQL on top, there is Apache Phoenix
around which makes life easier for most SQL savvy people to work on HBase.
Problem solved

For TCO, HBase is still value for money compared to others. You do not need
expensive RAM or SSD with Hbase. That makes it easy to onboard it in no
time. Also Hbase can be used in a variety of different business
applications, whereas other commercial ones  are focused on narrower niche
markets.

I believe HBase is now on its 11th anniversary (the 10th anniversary was
May 2020) and hope HBase will go from strength to strength and we will
keep using it for years to come with these frequent upgrades.

   view my Linkedin profile

such loss, damage or destruction.

Posted by Mich Talebzadeh <mi...@gmail.com>.