Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Holger Stolzenberg <h....@ewerk.com> on 2007/06/14 09:38:52 UTC

Split mailing list for T5/T4,4.1

Hey guys,

I just aksed myself if it would make sense to split up the mailing list into 2 lists. For me, only T4,T4.1 topics are relevat at the moment. Everyday I have to filter out about let me say 80% of the mails because they are T5 related. Thats a lot of overhead.

How do you all think about it?

Mit lieben Grüßen aus dem eWerk

Posted by Renat Zubairov <re...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

I would agree with Jesse, it makes no sence to divide mail list. We
are using 4.1.2 but I still very interesting in what's going on in 5
and some questions about 4 I could answer as well.
I think it makes no sence.

Renat

On 14/06/07, Jesse Kuhnert <jk...@gmail.com> wrote:
> To save everyone the anticipation of wondering I should say that I don't
> think this will ever realistically happen.  That's not final of course - if
> Howard chooses to he can (I think).   There are a couple tiny reasons why:
>
> -) No one else is doing it.  Maven2 / Struts2 / Apache2 / etc etc all have
> the same kind of version differences but remain on one list.
> -) It ~would~ fracture the community.
> -) Besides all the obvious cross pollination benefits it's probably a good
> idea to have all the T3/T4 users see how easy things are in the T5 world so
> that they eventually decide to upgrade and hopefully one day release me from
> my T4 bindings. :) (though djinn can also be evil)
> -) We are lazy/busy so given the above there is almost 0 incentive to do it.
>
> -) Forum software / google filters / etc can help.
>
> --
> Jesse Kuhnert
> Tapestry/Dojo team member/developer

Best regards,
Renat Zubairov

Posted by Steven Coco <co...@stevencoco.com>.
Hi.

Since I'm new and only using T5, for feedback purposes on this concept, it
would suit me fine if there were a T5-only list.

I'll try to remember to put T5 in the subject for now too.

Thanks.
-Steev Coco.

Posted by Holger Stolzenberg <h....@ewerk.com>.
That was my intend ;-)

Posted by Joshua Jackson <jo...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Martin Strand <do...@gmail.com>.
Then subscribe to both lists.
I think it's a good idea to split, T4 and T5 discussions seem to be
unrelated to each other.

Posted by Alexandru Dragomir <al...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Joshua Jackson <jo...@gmail.com>.