Posted to general@incubator.apache.org by Marvin Humphrey <ma...@rectangular.com> on 2011/08/07 21:25:24 UTC

[VOTE] Apache Lucy (incubating) 0.2.0 RC 3

Hello,

Release candidate 3 for Apache Lucy (incubating) version 0.2.0 can
be found at:

    http://people.apache.org/~marvin/apache-lucy-incubating-0.2.0-rc3/

See the CHANGES file at the top level of the archive for information about the
content of this release.

This candidate was assembled according to the process documented at:

    http://wiki.apache.org/lucy/ReleaseGuide

It was cut from an "svn export" of the tag at:

    https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/lucy/tags/apache-lucy-incubating-0.2.0-rc3

For suggestions as to how to evaluate Apache Lucy release candidates, and for
information on ASF voting procedures, see:

    http://wiki.apache.org/lucy/ReleaseVerification
    http://wiki.apache.org/lucy/ReleasePrep

Apache Lucy PPMC vote thread:

    http://s.apache.org/Dj7

    +1 Marvin Humphrey*+
    +1 Peter Karman*
    +1 Chris Mattmann*+
    +1 Joe Schaefer*+
    +1 David E. Wheeler*

    * indicates Lucy PPMC member
    + indicates Incubator PMC member

Please vote on releasing this candidate as Apache Lucy (incubating) version
0.2.0.  The vote will be held open for at least the next 72 hours.

[ ] +1 Release RC 3 as Apache Lucy (incubating) version 0.2.0.
[ ] +0
[ ] -1 Do not release RC 3 as Apache Lucy (incubating) version 0.2.0 because...

Thanks!

Marvin Humphrey

Re: [VOTE] Apache Lucy (incubating) 0.2.0 RC 3

Posted by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org>.
On 2011-08-10, Marvin Humphrey wrote:

> On Tue, Aug 09, 2011 at 04:48:19AM +0200, Stefan Bodewig wrote:
>> You might want to use a different extension in the future (.sha512) to
>> reduce the confusion in particular since most Java projects only provide
>> sha1 hashes.

> That makes sense to me, but it's contrary to the documentation on the
> release-signing page, which A) states that when provided, an "SHA checksum"
> file *must* be suffixed ".sha", B) recommends against using SHA1, and C)
> provides sample code for using GPG to generate an SHA512 file with a ".sha"
> extension.

>   http://www.apache.org/dev/release-signing.html#reading

I never read that page ;-)

All I can say is that it is not done that way by any Maven built project
and not done that way by any Ant built project I'm aware of as either
tool comes with built-in checksum support and their formats are quite
different from the one used by GPG (/me takes notice of this as an
enhancement request to add a new format option to the Ant task).

Releases by the Ant project come with .md5, .sha1 and .sha512 hashes.

> Though release-signing.html claims that it is "not normative", unless someone
> presses the issue, I think it's best to leave the SHA-generating sections of
> the Lucy release_commands.pl file unchanged, so that our next release will
> also have an SHA512 sum in a file with a ".sha" extension per the instructions
> above.

Absolutely.

>>> It would be nice if we could comment the rat-excludes file and have
>>> the relevant comment show up next to each excluded file in the report,
>>> as that would make auditing easier.

>> Sounds like an enhancement request for RAT.

> I guess it did sound that way... but I think RAT's pretty great as is!

Anything can be improved and it could be an alternative exclude file
format.  But yes, it would likely lead to a bigger XML or json or
whatever file with little value added.  I don't think the current format
allows for any kind of comments, though.

Stefan

Re: [VOTE] Apache Lucy (incubating) 0.2.0 RC 3

Posted by Marvin Humphrey <ma...@rectangular.com>.
On Tue, Aug 09, 2011 at 04:48:19AM +0200, Stefan Bodewig wrote:
> You might want to use a different extension in the future (.sha512) to
> reduce the confusion in particular since most Java projects only provide
> sha1 hashes.

That makes sense to me, but it's contrary to the documentation on the
release-signing page, which A) states that when provided, an "SHA checksum"
file *must* be suffixed ".sha", B) recommends against using SHA1, and C)
provides sample code for using GPG to generate an SHA512 file with a ".sha"
extension.

  http://www.apache.org/dev/release-signing.html#reading

  Note this is not normative

  Every artifact distributed by the Apache Software Foundation *should* and
  every new one *must* be accompanied by one file containing an OpenPGP
  compatible ASCII armored detached signature and another file containing an
  MD5 checksum. The names of these files *must* be formed by adding to the
  name of the artifact the following suffixes:

     * the signature by suffixing .asc

     * the checksum by suffixing .md5

  An SHA checksum *should* also be created and *must* be suffixed .sha.

  http://www.apache.org/dev/release-signing#sha-checksum

  Using GnuPG, you can create a SHA1 signature as follows:

    $ gpg --print-md SHA1 [fileName] > [fileName].sha

  Please note that further use of SHA-1 should be avoided.

  SHA256 and SHA512 use the same SHA algorithm family with longer hash
  lengths (256 and 512 bits respectively). These longer variations are less
  vulnerable to the weaknesses found in the algorithm family than SHA1.
  SHA512 is recommended.

  To create a SHA512 checksum use:

    $ gpg --print-md SHA512 [fileName] > [fileName].sha

Though release-signing.html claims that it is "not normative", unless someone
presses the issue, I think it's best to leave the SHA-generating sections of
the Lucy release_commands.pl file unchanged, so that our next release will
also have an SHA512 sum in a file with a ".sha" extension per the instructions
above.

> > Unfortunately, one of the downsides of using GPG to produce the sums is that
> > the resulting file cannot be used with e.g. "sha512sum --check":
>
> The same is true for the mvn generated checksum files most Java projects
> use.  Those files only contain the hash with no file name of the file
> they apply to.  At least this is true for the Java artifacts I have
> reviewed in the past.

Ah, "XXXsum --check" must use the sum file's content to locate the file being
hashed, rather than stripping the extension from the file name and looking
there.  Oh well.

> > It would be nice if we could comment the rat-excludes file and have
> > the relevant comment show up next to each excluded file in the report,
> > as that would make auditing easier.
>
> Sounds like an enhancement request for RAT.

I guess it did sound that way... but I think RAT's pretty great as is!

I'm not sure RAT really needs that feature, which would be a bit of an
annoyance to implement.  (The rat-excludes file format would have to become
more complex.)  Instead, I've added comments to the rat-excludes file.  That
should aid future auditors examining the RAT report when run without the
excludes file.

  http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/lucy/trunk/devel/conf/rat-excludes

> > I would be hesitant to insert copyright and licensing notices into those files
> > when the Snowball people have chosen to omit them.  We do include the relevant
> > information in NOTICE, though.
>
> Yes, that's OK.  Just from looking at the source files it wasn't clear
> to me that this was the case.  It wouldn't have helped in my case if you
> had a README inside the snowstem directory as I was only looking at the
> RAT report, but a small pointer there might help others.

Committed to Lucy trunk as r1155973, thanks!

  http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/lucy/trunk/modules/analysis/snowstem/source/README

> After your explanations (and pointing out that I'm unable to compare two
> numbers 8-) you now have my +1 as well.

On behalf of the Lucy community: Thank you for taking the time to audit our
work, and thank you for your +1 vote!

Cheers,

Posted by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org>.
On 2011-08-09, Marvin Humphrey wrote:

> On Mon, Aug 08, 2011 at 02:45:30PM +0200, Stefan Bodewig wrote:
>> No kind of functional testing performed, just the normal sanity checks.

> Great, thank you for the review!

>> What kind of SHA algo has been used for the .sha file?

> SHA512.

> GPG was used to produce all sigs and sums.

>   $ gpg --print-md SHA512 apache-lucy-incubating-0.2.0.tar.gz
>   apache-lucy-incubating-0.2.0.tar.gz: 435CE486 CC933673 6A8D6526 C0B31526
>                                        8091B64F 637472E5 70D16513 3EB54054
>                                        E4617DEB E6DA4F3B 3C4842D3 CA4D3B8A
>                                        5B904960 ECF9EF88 3CDD9416 A8E8CF19

>> I've tried all sha*sum tools on my Ubuntu box but neither returns a result
>> that looks close to your .sha file.

> The sum in the .sha artifact file is the same as the one produced by sha512sum,
> though -- just the formatting is different:

>   $ sha512sum apache-lucy-incubating-0.2.0.tar.gz
>   435ce486cc9336736a8d6526c0b315268091b64f637472e570d165133eb54054e4617debe6da4f3b3c4842d3ca4d3b8a5b904960ecf9ef883cdd9416a8e8cf19  apache-lucy-incubating-0.2.0.tar.gz

I can confirm that.  For some reason I thought the first few numbers
didn't match yesterday.  So the sha512sum is good as well.  You might
want to use a different extension in the future (.sha512) to reduce the
confusion in particular since most Java projects only provide sha1
hashes.

> Unfortunately, one of the downsides of using GPG to produce the sums is that
> the resulting file cannot be used with e.g. "sha512sum --check":

The same is true for the mvn generated checksum files most Java projects
use.  Those files only contain the hash with no file name of the file
they apply to.  At least this is true for the Java artifacts I have
reviewed in the past.

> However, if I use openssl on my Mac to produce the .md5 and the .sha, I also
> get files that "XXXsum --check" can't parse.  So unless we want to require the
> Lucy RM to produce the sums on a system with the XXXsum executables installed
> (e.g.  Linux), we aren't guaranteed to generate sum files that XXXsum can chew.

I don't think we have ever required anything like that, don't worry.

>> There are 100 files where RAT doesn't recognize the license (because
>> it doesn't recognize the ICU license for example).  A report created
>> with RAT's current trunk and Ant can be found here

>> http://people.apache.org/~bodewig/apache-lucy-incubating-0.2.0-rc3.rat.txt

>> Yes, I've seen the excludes file but didn't want to allow you any
>> cheating ;-)

> Heh.  I don't really like using the excludes, as I'm wary of inadvertently
> globbing files that shouldn't be excluded.

When I looked through the files I thought that had just happened - I no
longer do so, see below.

> It would be nice if we could comment the rat-excludes file and have
> the relevant comment show up next to each excluded file in the report,
> as that would make auditing easier.

Sounds like an enhancement request for RAT.

>> Inside the snowstem module there are a few files that don't carry a
>> "this file is generated" notice but not any sort of license either, I
>> guess these should be fixed (maybe for the next release as you'll likely
>> get enough +1s anyway).

> With the exception of one JSON file, those files with no licenses are verbatim
> imports from the Snowball project:

>   http://snowball.tartarus.org/license.php

>   We have not bothered to insert the licensing arrangement into the text of
>   the Snowball software.

Understood.

> I would be hesitant to insert copyright and licensing notices into those files
> when the Snowball people have chosen to omit them.  We do include the relevant
> information in NOTICE, though.

Yes, that's OK.  Just from looking at the source files it wasn't clear
to me that this was the case.  It wouldn't have helped in my case if you
had a README inside the snowstem directory as I was only looking at the
RAT report, but a small pointer there might help others.

> That one JSON file is used for testing and is derived from Snowball source
> materials; I would have inserted a "this file is generated" comment, but JSON
> is officially a commentless format.  Instead, there is a README file which sits
> right next to it in the directory which contains the following:

>   The file 'tests.json' and this file were autogenerated by
>   update_snowstem.pl.  'tests.json' contains materials from the Snowball
>   project.  See the LICENSE and NOTICE files for more information.

This is great.

> As for votes, RC 3 has already garnered three +1 votes from Incubator PMC
> members: Chris Mattmann, Joe Schaefer, and myself -- so in all likelihood it
> will be going forward.

I know.  After your explanations (and pointing out that I'm unable to
compare two numbers 8-) you now have my +1 as well.

> [rat:report]   C:/Users/stefan.bodewig/Desktop/apache-lucy-incubating-0.2.0/log

> This file is not a part of the Lucy distribution, and I assume it was created
> as a side-effect of your review process.  :)

Indeed.

Stefan

Re: [VOTE] Apache Lucy (incubating) 0.2.0 RC 3

Posted by Marvin Humphrey <ma...@rectangular.com>.
On Mon, Aug 08, 2011 at 02:45:30PM +0200, Stefan Bodewig wrote:
> No kind of functional testing performed, just the normal sanity checks.

Great, thank you for the review!

> What kind of SHA algo has been used for the .sha file?

SHA512.

GPG was used to produce all sigs and sums.

  $ gpg --print-md SHA512 apache-lucy-incubating-0.2.0.tar.gz
  apache-lucy-incubating-0.2.0.tar.gz: 435CE486 CC933673 6A8D6526 C0B31526
                                       8091B64F 637472E5 70D16513 3EB54054
                                       E4617DEB E6DA4F3B 3C4842D3 CA4D3B8A
                                       5B904960 ECF9EF88 3CDD9416 A8E8CF19

> I've tried all sha*sum tools on my Ubuntu box but neither returns a result
> that looks close to your .sha file.

The sum in the .sha artifact file is the same as the one produced by sha512sum,
though -- just the formatting is different:

  $ sha512sum apache-lucy-incubating-0.2.0.tar.gz
  435ce486cc9336736a8d6526c0b315268091b64f637472e570d165133eb54054e4617debe6da4f3b3c4842d3ca4d3b8a5b904960ecf9ef883cdd9416a8e8cf19  apache-lucy-incubating-0.2.0.tar.gz

Unfortunately, one of the downsides of using GPG to produce the sums is that
the resulting file cannot be used with e.g. "sha512sum --check":

  $ sha512sum --check apache-lucy-incubating-0.2.0.tar.gz.sha
  sha512sum: apache-lucy-incubating-0.2.0.tar.gz.sha: no properly formatted SHA512 checksum lines found
  $ mv apache-lucy-incubating-0.2.0.tar.gz.sha apache-lucy-incubating-0.2.0.tar.gz.sha.orig
  $ sha512sum apache-lucy-incubating-0.2.0.tar.gz > apache-lucy-incubating-0.2.0.tar.gz.sha
  $ sha512sum --check apache-lucy-incubating-0.2.0.tar.gz.sha
  apache-lucy-incubating-0.2.0.tar.gz: OK
  $

However, if I use openssl on my Mac to produce the .md5 and the .sha, I also
get files that "XXXsum --check" can't parse.  So unless we want to require the
Lucy RM to produce the sums on a system with the XXXsum executables installed
(e.g.  Linux), we aren't guaranteed to generate sum files that XXXsum can chew.

To make things easier on our RMs and reduce human error, Lucy has a devel
script which generates most of the boilerplate necessary to process release
artifacts:

  http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/lucy/trunk/devel/bin/release_commands.pl

The commands generated by that script utilize GPG for generating the sums.
The rationale is that the RM *must* have GPG installed installed in order to
generate the signature, so we know it's available.

> LICENSE and NOTICE look good, tag and tarball are identical, there are
> 100 files where RAT doesn't recognize the license (because it doesn't
> recognize the ICU license for example).  A report created with RAT's
> current trunk and Ant can be found here
>
> http://people.apache.org/~bodewig/apache-lucy-incubating-0.2.0-rc3.rat.txt
>
> Yes, I've seen the excludes file but didn't want to allow you any
> cheating ;-)

Heh.  I don't really like using the excludes, as I'm wary of inadvertently
globbing files that shouldn't be excluded.  It would be nice if we could
comment the rat-excludes file and have the relevant comment show up next to
each excluded file in the report, as that would make auditing easier.

I have copied and pasted the 100 files flagged by RAT in that report below my
sig, with comments inline.

> Inside the snowstem module there are a few files that don't carry a
> "this file is generated" notice but not any sort of license either, I
> guess these should be fixed (maybe for the next release as you'll likely
> get enough +1s anyway).

With the exception of one JSON file, those files with no licenses are verbatim
imports from the Snowball project:

  http://snowball.tartarus.org/license.php

  We have not bothered to insert the licensing arrangement into the text of
  the Snowball software.

I would be hesitant to insert copyright and licensing notices into those files
when the Snowball people have chosen to omit them.  We do include the relevant
information in NOTICE, though.

That one JSON file is used for testing and is derived from Snowball source
materials; I would have inserted a "this file is generated" comment, but JSON
is officially a commentless format.  Instead, there is a README file which sits
right next to it in the directory which contains the following:

  The file 'tests.json' and this file were autogenerated by
  update_snowstem.pl.  'tests.json' contains materials from the Snowball
  project.  See the LICENSE and NOTICE files for more information.

As for votes, RC 3 has already garnered three +1 votes from Incubator PMC
members: Chris Mattmann, Joe Schaefer, and myself -- so in all likelihood it
will be going forward.

> Rest looks good to me.

Great, thanks again for looking things over!

Marvin Humphrey

[rat:report] 100 Unknown Licenses
[rat:report]
[rat:report] *******************************
[rat:report]
[rat:report] Unapproved licenses:
[rat:report]
[rat:report]   C:/Users/stefan.bodewig/Desktop/apache-lucy-incubating-0.2.0/CHANGES
[rat:report]   C:/Users/stefan.bodewig/Desktop/apache-lucy-incubating-0.2.0/clownfish/MANIFEST

CHANGES and MANIFEST files do not require license headers.

[rat:report]   C:/Users/stefan.bodewig/Desktop/apache-lucy-incubating-0.2.0/core/Lucy/Util/StringHelper2.c

RAT doesn't recognize the ICU license.

[rat:report]   C:/Users/stefan.bodewig/Desktop/apache-lucy-incubating-0.2.0/core/Lucy/Util/StringHelper3.c

RAT doesn't recognize the Unicode Consortium's license.

[rat:report]   C:/Users/stefan.bodewig/Desktop/apache-lucy-incubating-0.2.0/devel/conf/rat-excludes

:)

[rat:report]   C:/Users/stefan.bodewig/Desktop/apache-lucy-incubating-0.2.0/log

This file is not a part of the Lucy distribution, and I assume it was created
as a side-effect of your review process.  :)

[rat:report]   C:/Users/stefan.bodewig/Desktop/apache-lucy-incubating-0.2.0/modules/analysis/snowstem/source/include/libstemmer.h
[rat:report]   C:/Users/stefan.bodewig/Desktop/apache-lucy-incubating-0.2.0/modules/analysis/snowstem/source/libstemmer/libstemmer_utf8.c
[rat:report]   C:/Users/stefan.bodewig/Desktop/apache-lucy-incubating-0.2.0/modules/analysis/snowstem/source/libstemmer/modules_utf8.h
[rat:report]   C:/Users/stefan.bodewig/Desktop/apache-lucy-incubating-0.2.0/modules/analysis/snowstem/source/runtime/api.c
[rat:report]   C:/Users/stefan.bodewig/Desktop/apache-lucy-incubating-0.2.0/modules/analysis/snowstem/source/runtime/api.h
[rat:report]   C:/Users/stefan.bodewig/Desktop/apache-lucy-incubating-0.2.0/modules/analysis/snowstem/source/runtime/header.h
[rat:report]   C:/Users/stefan.bodewig/Desktop/apache-lucy-incubating-0.2.0/modules/analysis/snowstem/source/runtime/utilities.c
[rat:report]   C:/Users/stefan.bodewig/Desktop/apache-lucy-incubating-0.2.0/modules/analysis/snowstem/source/src_c/stem_UTF_8_danish.c
[rat:report]   C:/Users/stefan.bodewig/Desktop/apache-lucy-incubating-0.2.0/modules/analysis/snowstem/source/src_c/stem_UTF_8_danish.h
[rat:report]   C:/Users/stefan.bodewig/Desktop/apache-lucy-incubating-0.2.0/modules/analysis/snowstem/source/src_c/stem_UTF_8_dutch.c
[rat:report]   C:/Users/stefan.bodewig/Desktop/apache-lucy-incubating-0.2.0/modules/analysis/snowstem/source/src_c/stem_UTF_8_dutch.h
[rat:report]   C:/Users/stefan.bodewig/Desktop/apache-lucy-incubating-0.2.0/modules/analysis/snowstem/source/src_c/stem_UTF_8_english.c
[rat:report]   C:/Users/stefan.bodewig/Desktop/apache-lucy-incubating-0.2.0/modules/analysis/snowstem/source/src_c/stem_UTF_8_english.h
[rat:report]   C:/Users/stefan.bodewig/Desktop/apache-lucy-incubating-0.2.0/modules/analysis/snowstem/source/src_c/stem_UTF_8_finnish.c
[rat:report]   C:/Users/stefan.bodewig/Desktop/apache-lucy-incubating-0.2.0/modules/analysis/snowstem/source/src_c/stem_UTF_8_finnish.h
[rat:report]   C:/Users/stefan.bodewig/Desktop/apache-lucy-incubating-0.2.0/modules/analysis/snowstem/source/src_c/stem_UTF_8_french.c
[rat:report]   C:/Users/stefan.bodewig/Desktop/apache-lucy-incubating-0.2.0/modules/analysis/snowstem/source/src_c/stem_UTF_8_french.h
[rat:report]   C:/Users/stefan.bodewig/Desktop/apache-lucy-incubating-0.2.0/modules/analysis/snowstem/source/src_c/stem_UTF_8_german.c
[rat:report]   C:/Users/stefan.bodewig/Desktop/apache-lucy-incubating-0.2.0/modules/analysis/snowstem/source/src_c/stem_UTF_8_german.h
[rat:report]   C:/Users/stefan.bodewig/Desktop/apache-lucy-incubating-0.2.0/modules/analysis/snowstem/source/src_c/stem_UTF_8_hungarian.c
[rat:report]   C:/Users/stefan.bodewig/Desktop/apache-lucy-incubating-0.2.0/modules/analysis/snowstem/source/src_c/stem_UTF_8_hungarian.h
[rat:report]   C:/Users/stefan.bodewig/Desktop/apache-lucy-incubating-0.2.0/modules/analysis/snowstem/source/src_c/stem_UTF_8_italian.c
[rat:report]   C:/Users/stefan.bodewig/Desktop/apache-lucy-incubating-0.2.0/modules/analysis/snowstem/source/src_c/stem_UTF_8_italian.h
[rat:report]   C:/Users/stefan.bodewig/Desktop/apache-lucy-incubating-0.2.0/modules/analysis/snowstem/source/src_c/stem_UTF_8_norwegian.c
[rat:report]   C:/Users/stefan.bodewig/Desktop/apache-lucy-incubating-0.2.0/modules/analysis/snowstem/source/src_c/stem_UTF_8_norwegian.h
[rat:report]   C:/Users/stefan.bodewig/Desktop/apache-lucy-incubating-0.2.0/modules/analysis/snowstem/source/src_c/stem_UTF_8_porter.c
[rat:report]   C:/Users/stefan.bodewig/Desktop/apache-lucy-incubating-0.2.0/modules/analysis/snowstem/source/src_c/stem_UTF_8_porter.h
[rat:report]   C:/Users/stefan.bodewig/Desktop/apache-lucy-incubating-0.2.0/modules/analysis/snowstem/source/src_c/stem_UTF_8_portuguese.c
[rat:report]   C:/Users/stefan.bodewig/Desktop/apache-lucy-incubating-0.2.0/modules/analysis/snowstem/source/src_c/stem_UTF_8_portuguese.h
[rat:report]   C:/Users/stefan.bodewig/Desktop/apache-lucy-incubating-0.2.0/modules/analysis/snowstem/source/src_c/stem_UTF_8_romanian.c
[rat:report]   C:/Users/stefan.bodewig/Desktop/apache-lucy-incubating-0.2.0/modules/analysis/snowstem/source/src_c/stem_UTF_8_romanian.h
[rat:report]   C:/Users/stefan.bodewig/Desktop/apache-lucy-incubating-0.2.0/modules/analysis/snowstem/source/src_c/stem_UTF_8_russian.c
[rat:report]   C:/Users/stefan.bodewig/Desktop/apache-lucy-incubating-0.2.0/modules/analysis/snowstem/source/src_c/stem_UTF_8_russian.h
[rat:report]   C:/Users/stefan.bodewig/Desktop/apache-lucy-incubating-0.2.0/modules/analysis/snowstem/source/src_c/stem_UTF_8_spanish.c
[rat:report]   C:/Users/stefan.bodewig/Desktop/apache-lucy-incubating-0.2.0/modules/analysis/snowstem/source/src_c/stem_UTF_8_spanish.h
[rat:report]   C:/Users/stefan.bodewig/Desktop/apache-lucy-incubating-0.2.0/modules/analysis/snowstem/source/src_c/stem_UTF_8_swedish.c
[rat:report]   C:/Users/stefan.bodewig/Desktop/apache-lucy-incubating-0.2.0/modules/analysis/snowstem/source/src_c/stem_UTF_8_swedish.h
[rat:report]   C:/Users/stefan.bodewig/Desktop/apache-lucy-incubating-0.2.0/modules/analysis/snowstem/source/src_c/stem_UTF_8_turkish.c
[rat:report]   C:/Users/stefan.bodewig/Desktop/apache-lucy-incubating-0.2.0/modules/analysis/snowstem/source/src_c/stem_UTF_8_turkish.h

All of these files are verbatim imports from Snowball, as documented above.

[rat:report]   C:/Users/stefan.bodewig/Desktop/apache-lucy-incubating-0.2.0/modules/analysis/snowstem/source/test/tests.json

Documented above.

[rat:report]   C:/Users/stefan.bodewig/Desktop/apache-lucy-incubating-0.2.0/modules/analysis/snowstop/source/snowball_stoplists.c

This file is autogenerated by "update_snowstop.pl", and includes the following comment at the top:

  /* Auto-generated file -- DO NOT EDIT!
   *
   * The words in this file are taken from stoplists provided by the Snowball
   * project.
   */

[rat:report]   C:/Users/stefan.bodewig/Desktop/apache-lucy-incubating-0.2.0/perl/MANIFEST

The MANIFEST file does not require a license header.

[rat:report]   C:/Users/stefan.bodewig/Desktop/apache-lucy-incubating-0.2.0/perl/sample/us_constitution/amend1.txt
[rat:report]   C:/Users/stefan.bodewig/Desktop/apache-lucy-incubating-0.2.0/perl/sample/us_constitution/amend10.txt
[rat:report]   C:/Users/stefan.bodewig/Desktop/apache-lucy-incubating-0.2.0/perl/sample/us_constitution/amend11.txt
[rat:report]   C:/Users/stefan.bodewig/Desktop/apache-lucy-incubating-0.2.0/perl/sample/us_constitution/amend12.txt
[rat:report]   C:/Users/stefan.bodewig/Desktop/apache-lucy-incubating-0.2.0/perl/sample/us_constitution/amend13.txt
[rat:report]   C:/Users/stefan.bodewig/Desktop/apache-lucy-incubating-0.2.0/perl/sample/us_constitution/amend14.txt
[rat:report]   C:/Users/stefan.bodewig/Desktop/apache-lucy-incubating-0.2.0/perl/sample/us_constitution/amend15.txt
[rat:report]   C:/Users/stefan.bodewig/Desktop/apache-lucy-incubating-0.2.0/perl/sample/us_constitution/amend16.txt
[rat:report]   C:/Users/stefan.bodewig/Desktop/apache-lucy-incubating-0.2.0/perl/sample/us_constitution/amend17.txt
[rat:report]   C:/Users/stefan.bodewig/Desktop/apache-lucy-incubating-0.2.0/perl/sample/us_constitution/amend18.txt
[rat:report]   C:/Users/stefan.bodewig/Desktop/apache-lucy-incubating-0.2.0/perl/sample/us_constitution/amend19.txt
[rat:report]   C:/Users/stefan.bodewig/Desktop/apache-lucy-incubating-0.2.0/perl/sample/us_constitution/amend2.txt
[rat:report]   C:/Users/stefan.bodewig/Desktop/apache-lucy-incubating-0.2.0/perl/sample/us_constitution/amend20.txt
[rat:report]   C:/Users/stefan.bodewig/Desktop/apache-lucy-incubating-0.2.0/perl/sample/us_constitution/amend21.txt
[rat:report]   C:/Users/stefan.bodewig/Desktop/apache-lucy-incubating-0.2.0/perl/sample/us_constitution/amend22.txt
[rat:report]   C:/Users/stefan.bodewig/Desktop/apache-lucy-incubating-0.2.0/perl/sample/us_constitution/amend23.txt
[rat:report]   C:/Users/stefan.bodewig/Desktop/apache-lucy-incubating-0.2.0/perl/sample/us_constitution/amend24.txt
[rat:report]   C:/Users/stefan.bodewig/Desktop/apache-lucy-incubating-0.2.0/perl/sample/us_constitution/amend25.txt
[rat:report]   C:/Users/stefan.bodewig/Desktop/apache-lucy-incubating-0.2.0/perl/sample/us_constitution/amend26.txt
[rat:report]   C:/Users/stefan.bodewig/Desktop/apache-lucy-incubating-0.2.0/perl/sample/us_constitution/amend27.txt
[rat:report]   C:/Users/stefan.bodewig/Desktop/apache-lucy-incubating-0.2.0/perl/sample/us_constitution/amend3.txt
[rat:report]   C:/Users/stefan.bodewig/Desktop/apache-lucy-incubating-0.2.0/perl/sample/us_constitution/amend4.txt
[rat:report]   C:/Users/stefan.bodewig/Desktop/apache-lucy-incubating-0.2.0/perl/sample/us_constitution/amend5.txt
[rat:report]   C:/Users/stefan.bodewig/Desktop/apache-lucy-incubating-0.2.0/perl/sample/us_constitution/amend6.txt
[rat:report]   C:/Users/stefan.bodewig/Desktop/apache-lucy-incubating-0.2.0/perl/sample/us_constitution/amend7.txt
[rat:report]   C:/Users/stefan.bodewig/Desktop/apache-lucy-incubating-0.2.0/perl/sample/us_constitution/amend8.txt
[rat:report]   C:/Users/stefan.bodewig/Desktop/apache-lucy-incubating-0.2.0/perl/sample/us_constitution/amend9.txt
[rat:report]   C:/Users/stefan.bodewig/Desktop/apache-lucy-incubating-0.2.0/perl/sample/us_constitution/art1sec1.txt
[rat:report]   C:/Users/stefan.bodewig/Desktop/apache-lucy-incubating-0.2.0/perl/sample/us_constitution/art1sec10.txt
[rat:report]   C:/Users/stefan.bodewig/Desktop/apache-lucy-incubating-0.2.0/perl/sample/us_constitution/art1sec2.txt
[rat:report]   C:/Users/stefan.bodewig/Desktop/apache-lucy-incubating-0.2.0/perl/sample/us_constitution/art1sec3.txt
[rat:report]   C:/Users/stefan.bodewig/Desktop/apache-lucy-incubating-0.2.0/perl/sample/us_constitution/art1sec4.txt
[rat:report]   C:/Users/stefan.bodewig/Desktop/apache-lucy-incubating-0.2.0/perl/sample/us_constitution/art1sec5.txt
[rat:report]   C:/Users/stefan.bodewig/Desktop/apache-lucy-incubating-0.2.0/perl/sample/us_constitution/art1sec6.txt
[rat:report]   C:/Users/stefan.bodewig/Desktop/apache-lucy-incubating-0.2.0/perl/sample/us_constitution/art1sec7.txt
[rat:report]   C:/Users/stefan.bodewig/Desktop/apache-lucy-incubating-0.2.0/perl/sample/us_constitution/art1sec8.txt
[rat:report]   C:/Users/stefan.bodewig/Desktop/apache-lucy-incubating-0.2.0/perl/sample/us_constitution/art1sec9.txt
[rat:report]   C:/Users/stefan.bodewig/Desktop/apache-lucy-incubating-0.2.0/perl/sample/us_constitution/art2sec1.txt
[rat:report]   C:/Users/stefan.bodewig/Desktop/apache-lucy-incubating-0.2.0/perl/sample/us_constitution/art2sec2.txt
[rat:report]   C:/Users/stefan.bodewig/Desktop/apache-lucy-incubating-0.2.0/perl/sample/us_constitution/art2sec3.txt
[rat:report]   C:/Users/stefan.bodewig/Desktop/apache-lucy-incubating-0.2.0/perl/sample/us_constitution/art2sec4.txt
[rat:report]   C:/Users/stefan.bodewig/Desktop/apache-lucy-incubating-0.2.0/perl/sample/us_constitution/art3sec1.txt
[rat:report]   C:/Users/stefan.bodewig/Desktop/apache-lucy-incubating-0.2.0/perl/sample/us_constitution/art3sec2.txt
[rat:report]   C:/Users/stefan.bodewig/Desktop/apache-lucy-incubating-0.2.0/perl/sample/us_constitution/art3sec3.txt
[rat:report]   C:/Users/stefan.bodewig/Desktop/apache-lucy-incubating-0.2.0/perl/sample/us_constitution/art4sec1.txt
[rat:report]   C:/Users/stefan.bodewig/Desktop/apache-lucy-incubating-0.2.0/perl/sample/us_constitution/art4sec2.txt
[rat:report]   C:/Users/stefan.bodewig/Desktop/apache-lucy-incubating-0.2.0/perl/sample/us_constitution/art4sec3.txt
[rat:report]   C:/Users/stefan.bodewig/Desktop/apache-lucy-incubating-0.2.0/perl/sample/us_constitution/art4sec4.txt
[rat:report]   C:/Users/stefan.bodewig/Desktop/apache-lucy-incubating-0.2.0/perl/sample/us_constitution/art5.txt
[rat:report]   C:/Users/stefan.bodewig/Desktop/apache-lucy-incubating-0.2.0/perl/sample/us_constitution/art6.txt
[rat:report]   C:/Users/stefan.bodewig/Desktop/apache-lucy-incubating-0.2.0/perl/sample/us_constitution/art7.txt
[rat:report]   C:/Users/stefan.bodewig/Desktop/apache-lucy-incubating-0.2.0/perl/sample/us_constitution/preamble.txt
[rat:report]

The US Constitution is in the public domain.

Re: [VOTE] Apache Lucy (incubating) 0.2.0 RC 3

Posted by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org>.
On 2011-08-07, Marvin Humphrey wrote:

> Release candidate 3 for Apache Lucy (incubating) version 0.2.0 can
> be found at:

>     http://people.apache.org/~marvin/apache-lucy-incubating-0.2.0-rc3/

> See the CHANGES file at the top level of the archive for information about the
> content of this release.

No kind of functional testing performed, just the normal sanity checks.

PGP verification passes with the KEYS file found in
http://www.apache.org/dist/incubator/lucy/KEYS - MD5 sum looks good as
well.  What kind of SHA algo has been used for the .sha file?  I've

[VOTE][RESULTS] Apache Lucy (incubating) 0.2.0 RC 3

Posted by Marvin Humphrey <ma...@rectangular.com>.
Greets,

The vote to release RC 3 as Apache Lucy (incubating) 0.2.0 has passed, with
four +1 votes from Incubator PMC members.

   +1 Stefan Bodewig+
   +1 Marvin Humphrey*+
   +1 Peter Karman*
   +1 Chris Mattmann*+