Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Jason Keltz <ja...@cse.yorku.ca> on 2006/11/15 18:15:58 UTC

subversion upgrade from 1.2.0 to 1.4.2 failing

Hi.

I'm trying to upgrade a small test subversion repository from version
1.2.0 in bdb format to version 1.4.2 in fsfs format to see how this
works for a larger system-wide upgrade.

With the 1.2.0 version, I used svnadmin dump to dump the contents of the
repository to a file.  I then removed the repository directory, used
svnadmin create from the new version to recreate the repository
directory.  I then used svnadmin load < dump to re-load the original
file.  The load works okay.  There are no errors.  Similarly, an
svnadmin verify produces no errors.  However, when I try to do a list on
the repository, I get this error:

svn: PROPFIND request failed on '/repos/jastest'
svn: Can't read file '/local/subversion/repos/jastest/db/revs/4': End of
file found

If I erase the repository directory, recreate it with 1.2.0, and
restore, everything is fine.

Am I missing something here?

I'm running CentOS 4.4.  I've compiled subversion from source.  I used
the deps package as well.

Any ideas?

Jason.

Re: subversion upgrade from 1.2.0 to 1.4.2 failing

Posted by Toby Johnson <to...@etjohnson.us>.
Jason Keltz wrote:
> Hi.
>
> I'm trying to upgrade a small test subversion repository from version
> 1.2.0 in bdb format to version 1.4.2 in fsfs format to see how this
> works for a larger system-wide upgrade.
>
> With the 1.2.0 version, I used svnadmin dump to dump the contents of
> the repository to a file.  I then removed the repository directory,
> used svnadmin create from the new version to recreate the repository
> directory.  I then used svnadmin load < dump to re-load the original
> file.  The load works okay.  There are no errors.  Similarly, an
> svnadmin verify produces no errors.  However, when I try to do a list
> on the repository, I get this error:
>
> svn: PROPFIND request failed on '/repos/jastest'
> svn: Can't read file '/local/subversion/repos/jastest/db/revs/4': End
> of file found

Are these on the same machine? You didn't by chance transfer the file
using FTP in ASCII mode, did you?

> I'm running CentOS 4.4.  I've compiled subversion from source.  I used
> the deps package as well.

Why not use the binary rpm linked from the download page? They've always
worked very well for me on CentOS.