Posted to j-users@xerces.apache.org by Dave Flanagan <da...@trainingetc.com> on 2002/11/19 00:15:55 UTC

Xerces and Schema built in derived type normalizedString

Not sure if it is something I am missing(probably the case)
but if I define an element <sample>  as type normalizedString
as defined by the W3 schema such that an xml document has the structure below

<sample>
   This
      is not a
        normalized String
</sample>

I would imagine that Xerces should find the above element invalid
according to its schema - but I cannot seem to get it to complain
about the above element content.

is it something I am missing - or something that is a problem ?
Any help would be greatly appreciated

Dave Flanagan <-- no not the one you may be thinking of

Re: Xerces and Schema built in derived type normalizedString

Posted by micael <ca...@harbornet.com>.
Why do you "imagine" that?

At 06:15 PM 11/18/2002 -0500, you wrote:

>Not sure if it is something I am missing(probably the case)
>but if I define an element <sample>  as type normalizedString
>as defined by the W3 schema such that an xml document has the structure below
>
><sample>
>    This
>       is not a
>         normalized String
></sample>
>
>I would imagine that Xerces should find the above element invalid
>according to its schema - but I cannot seem to get it to complain
>about the above element content.
>
>is it something I am missing - or something that is a problem ?
>Any help would be greatly appreciated
>
>Dave Flanagan <-- no not the one you may be thinking of

Micael

have received this transmission in error, please delete the message.  Thank you