Posted to soap-dev@ws.apache.org by James Snell <jm...@intesolv.com> on 2000/07/28 21:59:47 UTC

SIDL & SCL

After much deliberation on the subject, I have decided to no longer continue
development on the SIDL Proposal that I put forward via the SOAP-WRC site.
Instead, I wish to publically announce my support for the continuing
development of Microsoft's newly proposed "SOAP Contract Language" (SCL)
announced at the PDC earlier this month.  While SCL still has a ways to go
before it is complete, I think that it's architecture and design goals best
address the needs of the Service Description problem space.   For those of
you who might have already begun projects that incorporate SIDL, I do
appologize for this somewhat sudden shift, however, I do believe that the
effort does need to be made to have ONE standard Service Description
language, and switching my support to SCL is my contribution to this effort.

- James Snell
  james@soap-wrc.com