Posted to dev@lucene.apache.org by Erick Erickson <er...@gmail.com> on 2013/02/17 18:22:29 UTC

Can't seem to build in order to run unit tests from IntelliJ any more.

Anyone else having problems here? I've deleted the ivy cache, cleaned the
idea project (and everything else), tried it on a fresh checkout. What am I
missing?

The problem is that classes are not found, I see messages in IntelliJ like:

java: package org.apache.lucene.analysis does not exist

java: cannot find symbol
  symbol:   class Query
  location: package org.apache.lucene.search

etc.

I can run things from the command line just fine.... Did something move?

Thanks,
Erick

Re: Can't seem to build in order to run unit tests from IntelliJ any more.

Posted by Steve Rowe <sa...@gmail.com>.
Hi Erick,

I'm running IntelliJ IDEA 12.0.4 on OS X 10.8.2 with Oracle Java 1.6.0_37.

On trunk, when I ran the Lucene core module test configuration, I saw problems with SPI loading, and Codecs not being on the classpath, so (with IntelliJ running) I did the following from the cmdline: 'ant clean-idea idea'.  When I switched back to IntelliJ, it asked to reload the project, which I allowed.  I then rebuilt the project (Build|Rebuild Project), and then re-ran the Lucene core module test configuration.  All tests passed, except two that OOM'd.  (I'll increase the -Xmx value for this module's IntelliJ test configuration.)

I also found and fixed a missing dependency on the queries module from the highlighter module, but I doubt that's causing the problems you're seeing.

Steve

Posted by Erick Erickson <er...@gmail.com>.
Steve:

Thanks a million! That seems to have fixed my problem...

Erick

Posted by Steve Rowe <sa...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Ahmet Arslan <io...@yahoo.com>.
Hi Steve,