Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by J Tichenor <ma...@lehopictures.com> on 2004/09/04 00:51:38 UTC

is not properly URI-encoded?

Sorry, I'm not understanding what svn wants. I get the following
message:

  URL 'file:///my/directory/to/repos/' is not properly URI-encoded

after entering:

svn import . file:///my/directory/to/repos/ --message 'Initial setup'

Also this error message is passed:

subversion/libsvn_subr/opt.c:569: (apr_err=125002)

I'm either not smart enough or missing something crucial. No google
hits, no hits in the manual and nothing concrete in the mailing list
search. I've got to be doing something wrong?

Any help would be very much appreciated!

~j~

James Tichenor
VFX Supervisor
AIM: jtichenor@mac.com
(07779) 256 103
http://www.lehopictures.com/the_joint/

Re: is not properly URI-encoded?

Posted by Steve Greenland <st...@lsli.com>.
On Tue, Sep 07, 2004 at 04:08:40PM +0100, J Tichenor wrote:
> Here's the c/p -- I enter this, as my first import of a dummy
> directory, as per chapter 5 I think of SVN docs:
>
> svn import -m "Initial setup" . file://Users/jimmyt/Leho\ Pictures\
> Ltd/Projects/Production\ Management/repository/

Note that you've shown "file://Users/..." (with two slashes), not
"file:///Users/..." (with three slashes.)

(which was NOT what was shown in your original message, which is why the
cut-n-paste is so important.)

Steve

--
"Outlook not so good." That magic 8-ball knows everything! I'll ask
about Exchange Server next.

Re: is not properly URI-encoded?

Posted by J Tichenor <ma...@lehopictures.com>.
> On Fri, 2004-09-03 at 19:51, J Tichenor wrote:
>> Sorry, I'm not understanding what svn wants. I get the following
>> message:
>>
>>   URL 'file:///my/directory/to/repos/' is not properly URI-encoded
>
> Are you literally typing that URL?  Can you show us an exact
> cut-and-paste transcript?
>
> Also, what OS?  What version of SVN?

Right sorry. I am in OSX 10.3.5 and using the latest version of SVN --
1.0.6

Here's the c/p -- I enter this, as my first import of a dummy
directory, as per chapter 5 I think of SVN docs:

svn import -m "Initial setup" . file://Users/jimmyt/Leho\ Pictures\
Ltd/Projects/Production\ Management/repository/

And this is the error message I receive:

subversion/libsvn_subr/opt.c:569: (apr_err=125002)
svn: URL 'file://Users/jimmyt/Leho Pictures Ltd/Projects/Production
Management/repository/' is not properly URI-encoded

It's got to be some user error here -- something I don't quite get
about using SVN, but I've gone through documentation a couple times and
it's not coming together. I don't need database/remote access features
at the moment -- just want to set up a single user repository and then
check my project in and out. Will worry about the WAN later.

Any help would be very much appreciated!

PS: If anyone has XCode/SVN stories/tutorials, that would be
appreciated too :-)

Re: is not properly URI-encoded?

Posted by Ben Collins-Sussman <su...@collab.net>.