Posted to user@struts.apache.org by lu...@sonynetservices.com on 2005/02/16 12:03:56 UTC

bean:message default value

Hello

I've been using struts for a while now and more then once came over a
inconvenience of the bean:message tag.

As documented, the jstl (which I prefer not to use) representation is
something like
<fmt:message key="my.msg.key"> <fmt:param value="replacement text"/>
</fmt:message>
I am particularly interested in the replacement text which - if I
understand correctly -
is displayed if no key my.msg.key is found.

Till now I have not found something like this for struts.

Can you tell me if something like this exists and if yes, show me in an
example?
Note that I frequently use bean:message like this (example):
<bean:message bundle="<%=bundleName%>" key="<%=new String("
artistdetails.biography." + characteristicName%>"/>

Cheers, Lukas

P.S: Did you notice that the list archive
(http://mail-archives.apache.org/eyebrowse/SummarizeList?listId=241)
returns "VelocityServlet: Error processing the template" when trying to
browse it?