Posted to user@ignite.apache.org by Amol Zambare <am...@gmail.com> on 2018/11/08 03:02:14 UTC

Ignite issue during spark job execution

Hi,

We are using ignite to share in memory data across the spark jobs. When we
are running the spark job we see following warnings in ignite logs. We have
done garbage collection tuning as suggested in apache ignite performance
tips but still we see below warning.

Please suggest.

Warning 1
[00:25:14,432][WARNING][jvm-pause-detector-worker][] Possible too long JVM
pause: 1430 milliseconds.
 Warning 2
[14:43:44,960][WARNING][tcp-comm-worker-#1][TcpCommunicationSpi] Connect
timed out (consider increasing 'failureDetectionTimeout' configuration
property) [addr=/127.0.0
.1:47101, failureDetectionTimeout=100000]
[14:43:44,960][WARNING][tcp-comm-worker-#1][TcpCommunicationSpi] Failed to
connect to a remote node (make sure that destination node is alive and
operating system firew
all is disabled on local and remote hosts)

Thanks,
Amol

Re: Ignite issue during spark job execution

Posted by aealexsandrov <ae...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Looks like your JVM faces long garbage collection pauses. You can configure
detailed GC logs to see how much time is spent in GC:
https://apacheignite.readme.io/docs/jvm-and-system-tuning#section-detailed-garbage-collection-stats

Also, you can follow next guide and add more heap:

https://apacheignite.readme.io/docs/jvm-and-system-tuning#garbage-collection-tuning

BR,
Andrei