Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Tao Lin <li...@gmail.com> on 2006/07/27 06:16:05 UTC

SpamAssassin 3.0.3 and MIME_BOUND_RKFINDY

Hi,

I am using SpamAssassin 3.0.3 with Exim 3.35 under Debian woody. When
I send a test html email to my own mail server, SpamAssassin treat it
as a spam. Here is the message header:

Date: Thu, 27 Jul 2006 14:20:41 +1200
 *  0.0 NO_REAL_NAME From: does not include a real name
 *  0.1 HTML_80_90 BODY: Message is 80% to 90% HTML
 *  1.0 MIME_HTML_MOSTLY BODY: Multipart message mostly text/html MIME
 *  0.0 HTML_MESSAGE BODY: HTML included in message
 *  0.1 MPART_ALT_DIFF BODY: HTML and text parts are different
 * -2.6 BAYES_00 BODY: Bayesian spam probability is 0 to 1%
 *      [score: 0.0000]
 *  0.0 MIME_BOUND_NEXTPART Spam tool pattern in MIME boundary
 *  1.1 PRIORITY_NO_NAME Message has priority, but no X-Mailer/User-Agent

I don't why my email score so high on MIME_BOUND_RKFINDY, and what it
mean. How can I make my html email get through the SpamAssassin?

Cheers,
--
Tao Lin

Re: SpamAssassin 3.0.3 and MIME_BOUND_RKFINDY

Posted by jdow <jd...@earthlink.net>.
From: "Theo Van Dinter" <fe...@apache.org>

> FWIW, BAYES_50 actually has a tiny tiny non-zero score so it'll show up as a
> rule hit.  Otherwise, people went crazy not understanding why there were no
> BAYES_* hits.

Gee, I can take out my BAYES_50 tweak.
{^_-}

Re: SpamAssassin 3.0.3 and MIME_BOUND_RKFINDY

Posted by Theo Van Dinter <fe...@apache.org>.
On Fri, Jul 28, 2006 at 10:21:11AM -0700, Ninja Dude wrote:
> In other words, Bayes looks at it, says, "I have no idea whether this is
> spam-like or not."  So 0 is the appropriate score for BAYES_50.

FWIW, BAYES_50 actually has a tiny tiny non-zero score so it'll show up as a
rule hit.  Otherwise, people went crazy not understanding why there were no
BAYES_* hits.

--
Randomly Generated Tagline:
"... before engaging in a battle of wits, one must ensure that one's opponent

Re: SpamAssassin 3.0.3 and MIME_BOUND_RKFINDY

Posted by Ninja Dude <ni...@speed.net>.
Golden, James wrote:
> I have several SPAM messages that are trigerring
> Bayes_50 but are getting a score of 0.00.

BAYES_50 means Bayes thinks the message has a 50% chance of being spam.
  Which is the same as a 50% chance of being ham.

Posted by jdow <jd...@earthlink.net>.
Visit the wiki for information on changing scores and how the four score
numbers are used. http://wiki.apache.org/spamassassin/

You can learn about the specific BAYES_ scores in this file:
/usr/share/spamassassin/50_scores.cf

Do not change the scores there.

The four scores listed are used under these conditions in left to right
order: no network rules and no bayes, network rules but no bayes,
bayes but no network rules, and both network rules and Bayes active.
For Bayes scores you usually want to tweak the final rule since you
DO run network tests, don't you? {^_-} Hit the "SCORING OPTIONS"
paragraphs in "man Mail::SpamAssassin::Conf" for more details.

You might change this in user_prefs if you are not using site wide
rules and scores or you might change them in "local.cf", usually
as /etc/mail/spamassassin/local.cf although ymmv. The lines might
look like:

score BAYES_50 0 0 1.567 0.001
score BAYES_99 0 0 5.001 5.001

Oh yeah - I very slightly tweaked BAYES_50 so that hits on it show
in the scores. That way I know for sure it is running. Silly me. But
mommies like to keep tabs on their children's activities. {^_-}

Now, I set the score all the way up over 5 ever so slightly in
increments. I kept increasing it until I got over 5 or started
getting hams marked as spams WITH BAYES_99 involved in the markup.
With my particular setup I have not had on my account, at least,
(can't speak for Loren here "fer shure") a BAYES_99 on anything but
genuine spam. So it climbed up there. (If Loren gets some BAYES_99
spams he can reduce the BAYES_99 spam score slightly in his user
prefs. {^_-})

{^_^}
Posted by "Golden, James" <jg...@ci.grand-rapids.mi.us>.

Posted by Vincent Li <vi...@gmail.com>.
On 27-Jul-06, at 7:46 PM, Tao Lin wrote:

> Hi, John
>
> Now I understand what MIME_BOUND_RKFINDY mean. It means my email is
> generated by Indy component.  And I have some misuse of the Indy
> component that it gen the html email is not so clean. Once I fix it,
> my email score from 2.4 downto 0.5!
>
> And I think I will keep my cutoff score as 2 because I get so many
> spam every day and some of them just score 2.3!

You can train your bayes to learn the false negative email as spam, get
some SARE custom rules, enable network test.

> Cheers,
>
> Tao

Vincent

System Administrator
The Biomedical Research Centre
University of British Columbia

Re: SpamAssassin 3.0.3 and MIME_BOUND_RKFINDY

Posted by Tao Lin <li...@gmail.com>.
Hi, John

Posted by John Andersen <js...@pen.homeip.net>.