Posted to user@thrift.apache.org by John Ruiz <ja...@gmail.com> on 2011/04/08 06:42:07 UTC

Code does not generate on Windows 7 (x64)

Hello,

I have attempted the following on multiple Windows 7 (x64) machines and get
the same result.  I am using thrift-0.6.0.

Given the following IDL (envelope.thrift):

namespace csharp my.namespace
namespace java my.namespace

struct Envelope {
  1: required string Id,
  2: optional string CorrelationId,
  3: required string Topic,
  4: required string Type,
  5: required i64 Created,
  6: required i64 Sent,
  7: optional i64 Received,
  8: required binary Content,
}

When I run: 'thrift-0.6.0.exe --gen csharp envelope.thrift' the gen-csharp
folder is created, but it is empty.  The console has neither errors nor
output.  It looks like the following:

D:\Dev\Projects\MyProject>thrift-0.6.0.exe -gen csharp envelope.thrift
> D:\Dev\Projects\MyProject>

The same thing happens when I try to generate java - the gen-java folder is
created, but it is empty.  The console contains no errors.

Any ideas?
John

Re: Code does not generate on Windows 7 (x64)

Posted by John Ruiz <ja...@gmail.com>.
I did finally get code to generate.  I changed the line endings in my thrift
file from windows to unix using Notepad++ and everything generated.

AW: Code does not generate on Windows 7 (x64)

Posted by John Ruiz <ja...@gmail.com>.
Hello,