Posted to user@spark.apache.org by christy <76...@qq.com> on 2014/09/24 07:02:07 UTC

how long does it take executing ./sbt/sbt assembly

This process began yesterday and it has already run for more than 20 hours.
Is it normal? Any one has the same problem? No error throw out yet.

RE: how long does it take executing ./sbt/sbt assembly

Posted by "Shao, Saisai" <sa...@intel.com>.
If you have enough memory, the speed will be faster, within one minutes, since most of the files are cached. Also you can build your Spark project on a mounted ramfs in Linux, this will also speed up the process.

Thanks
Jerry

Definitely something wrong. For me, 10 to 30 minutes.

Thanks.

Zhan Zhang
On Sep 23, 2014, at 10:02 PM, christy <76...@qq.com> wrote:

> This process began yesterday and it has already run for more than 20 hours.
> Is it normal? Any one has the same problem? No error throw out yet.

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE

Re: how long does it take executing ./sbt/sbt assembly

Posted by Tobias Pfeiffer <tg...@preferred.jp>.
Hi,

http://apache-spark-user-list.1001560.n3.nabble.com/Spark-Streaming-with-Kafka-building-project-with-sbt-assembly-is-extremely-slow-td13152.html
 --> Maybe related to this?

Tobias

Re: how long does it take executing ./sbt/sbt assembly

Posted by Zhan Zhang <zz...@hortonworks.com>.