Posted to java-user@lucene.apache.org by Harini Raghavan <ha...@insideview.com> on 2007/03/11 08:29:02 UTC

Delete document with keyword field

Hi All,

I have a lucene index with many fields, one of which is a Keyword field IS.
The values stored in this field are the document ids like _839930494,
_839930492.
But I am unable to delete  the documents using this id. Is this something to
do with the underscore? Can someone suggest how I should delete these
documents?

Thanks,
Harini

Re: Delete document with keyword field

Posted by karl wettin <ka...@gmail.com>.
12 mar 2007 kl. 06.01 skrev Harini Raghavan:

> I am using StandardAnalyzer. Also I have used LUCLI to query the
> index and
> it shows the value for the Id field with the underscore. But I  am
> unable to
> retrieve the document with any of the queries in Lucli :
>
> lucli> tokens +Id:_839930494
> -or-
> lucli> tokens +Id:839930494

Did you really index the field or did you just store it? And do you
really need to tokenize the field using an analyzer?

--
karl

Re: Delete document with keyword field

Posted by Harini Raghavan <ha...@insideview.com>.
Hi Erick,

I am using StandardAnalyzer. Also I have used LUCLI to query the index and
it shows the value for the Id field with the underscore. But I  am unable to
retrieve the document with any of the queries in Lucli :

lucli> tokens +Id:_839930494
-or-
lucli> tokens +Id:839930494

I have no clue how to fetch/delete these documents without the id.

-Harini

Posted by Erick Erickson <er...@gmail.com>.