Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by Mille Bessö <mi...@observergroup.com> on 2002/01/31 21:47:21 UTC

Basic use of the modification manager

Hello all,

I am trying to use the modification manager for a very simple text-book
example of following links but I don't get it to work. After I have opened a
start page I want to follow one or more of the links on that page. This I
thought I could solve with the modification manager as shown in the user
manual under 'Modification Manager'.

I have created the following structure:
- threadgroup
   - Web tesing (logging in)
   - Modification Manager
      - HTML Link Parser
      - Web testing

The final web testing has the following properties:
protocol: http
method: get
domain: .*
port: 8080 (running local tomcat server)
path: .*

However when I run the test all I get from the second sample is:
Sampling url: http://.*:8080/.*

In other words, it doesn't look like JMeter substituted the variables for
domain and path.

What have I done wrong? Did I miss something?

Best regards,
Mille Bessö