Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Rob Dennett <ro...@tmit1.org> on 2006/01/06 00:01:51 UTC

Weirdness

I was getting a weird error and when I discovered the cause, I wanted to know why things are handled this way.

I had a page with two forms on it, the first being a simple search form and the second containing a list of search results and a button next to each which performs an action on that item.  When the action button is clicked, I wanted the app to return the same search results and have the same value in the search field.

There is a set of accessor methods for the search string.  Calling the getter from within the listener for the action button returned null even though there was text in the search field.  I found out that I had to put everything in one big form in order to access the text in the text field.  I guess I also could have accessed the component and gotten the value that way, or made the search string property persistent.  What I don’t understand is why when the first form is being rewound, it doesn’t set the search string property with the value of the text field.  It’s like it doesn’t get rewound at all.  Is this what is happening? Why?

Thanks,

Rob Dennett