Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by "Jeffrey W. Baker" <jw...@acm.org> on 2000/02/29 01:54:12 UTC

mod_perl consulting seems like a nice business

We get a message every few months about the dire need for solid mod_perl
developers.  It sounds to me like a consultancy of several great
developers who are willing to travel might make a killing.

-jwb

Re: mod_perl consulting seems like a nice business

Posted by Ian Struble <ia...@broken.net>.
On 28 Feb 2000, Randal L. Schwartz wrote:

> Jeffrey> We get a message every few months about the dire need for
> Jeffrey> solid mod_perl developers.  It sounds to me like a
> Jeffrey> consultancy of several great developers who are willing to
> Jeffrey> travel might make a killing.
>
> If I wasn't so personally busy trying to rewrite the llama and
> herd the cats, er, other Stonehenge instructors, I'd do it. :)

Heh heh... I just got off the phone with someone and we were saying the
same exact thing.  So I guess give it 6-12 months for people to wrap up
projects and there are going to be a couple mod_perl tiger teams for hire.

Re: mod_perl consulting seems like a nice business

Posted by Bill Desjardins <bi...@carracing.com>.
Jeffrey W Baker <jw...@acm.org> writes:

> We get a message every few months about the dire need for
> solid mod_perl developers.  It sounds to me like a
> consultancy of several great developers who are willing to
> travel might make a killing.

It seems that doing this may be my only choice to try and stay programming
mod_perl :-( Down here in Miami, I can not seem to find much work at all
with mod_perl. I have even tried many recruiters (last resort you could
say!) who have not come up with any mod_perl work and some have never
heard of it either :-(.

Have mod_perl will travel ;-)

Sorry for the OT vent...

Bill

--
Bill Desjardins - bill@carracing.com - (USA) 305.205.8644
Unix/Network Administration - Perl/Mod_Perl/DB Development

Re: mod_perl consulting seems like a nice business

Posted by "Randal L. Schwartz" <me...@stonehenge.com>.

<me...@stonehenge.com> <URL:http://www.stonehenge.com/merlyn/>

Re: mod_perl consulting seems like a nice business

Posted by Matt Sergeant <ma...@sergeant.org>.
On Tue, 29 Feb 2000, Jeffrey W. Baker wrote:
> We get a message every few months about the dire need for solid mod_perl
> developers.  It sounds to me like a consultancy of several great
> developers who are willing to travel might make a killing.

FastNet are doing that quite successfully - we're snowed under with work
(although I'm lucky enough to not have to travel at the moment) - but if
anyone has any more work we never refuse to talk business :)

--
<Matt/>

Details: FastNet Software Ltd - XML, Perl, Databases.
Tagline: High Performance Web Solutions
Web Sites: http://come.to/fastnet http://sergeant.org
Available for Consultancy, Contracts and Training.