Posted to user@manifoldcf.apache.org by ritika jain <ri...@gmail.com> on 2022/03/25 13:17:11 UTC

Traffic issue to the server to duplicate records

Hi All,

In the webcrawler connector we are crawling a public as well intranet site.
But from the client side , we are getting complaints about the traffic due
to duplicate requests for a particular URL only.
" Some urls are retrieved 100s or 1000s of times and then often several
times in a second. We would expect that for each identical url a crawler
would send only 1 request to our server and that we would not see
duplicates."

Like for example :- GET /infonet/medewerkers/dashboard/, this url is called
from crawler many times approx every one second

[image: image.png]
This kind of URL's are many that send request to server many times from
manifold. After analysing and checking via POSTMAN (get requests) some of
the records/URL's from this document, it seems that they are redirected to
some other one's.
And when tried to ingest that URL from local system Manifoldcf got
"RESPONSECODENOTINDEXABLE".
*So what can be the reason for this so much traffic *due to
particular record. and if that is due to redirection , why manifoldcf keeps
on calling the same record many times(It should ideally be redirected to
the one and then ingest the redirected one). What protocol is being used
behind this.

Any help on this would be appreciated.!

Thanks
Ritika

Re: Traffic issue to the server to duplicate records

Posted by Karl Wright <da...@gmail.com>.
Documents that are shared across jobs have special logic to prevent them
from being removed from the queue.  That may be why you are seeing this.  I
don't think we have any ability to manage such documents any better.

Karl

Posted by Priya Arora <pr...@smartshore.nl>.

Posted by Karl Wright <da...@gmail.com>.

Posted by ritika jain <ri...@gmail.com>.