Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by Glen Small <gl...@icl.net> on 2001/06/26 16:25:50 UTC

Cookies and redirection

All,

I'm having some problem setting a cookie in a logon script i have.  The code work fine as a CGI, and also under mod)perl, however, I want to set a cookie during the login script, and then redirect the browser to another page.  When I enter the code below into the mod_perl script, the browser tries to download login.pl, rather than running it.  If I print the HTTP header to the screen, it looks fine, but it wont run.

This code below works fine under normal CGI.  Any thoughts ?

use CGI;
use CGI::Cookie;

my $q = new CGI;

my $cookie = new CGI::Cookie(-name => 'testlogger', -value=> $UserID, -path => '/');

print $q->redirect(-uri=>'/perl/home.pl', -nph=>'1', -cookie => $cookie);

Re: Cookies and redirection

Posted by darren chamberlain <dl...@users.sourceforge.net>.

http://perl.apache.org/guide/snippets.html#Sending_Cookies_in_REDIRECT_Resp

--
The kind of thinking we do sets the stage for the action we are likely
to take. Because of this, a man who refuses to develop his thinking